Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
WHILE I WAS THERE I ENDED UP NOT CHANGING MY RIMS FROM THESE CHROME ONES

TO THESE STOCK PAINTED ONES

BECAUSE OF THE OFF SET I GUESS IT IS?
I DIDNT WANT TO CHANGE THE BULLDOG STANCE IT HAS
BUT ALSO WHILE I WAS THERE WE WERE DISCUSSING THE STEELIES IN COMPARISON TO THE CHROME ONES I HAVE NOW.... THE MAN WAS SAYING THAT THE STEELIES WERE REALLY WEAK AND CAN BREAK EASILY AND ALL THIS STUFF LIKE THAT U CAN TAP IT WITH A HAMMER AND IT WILL DING??????
SOOO GUYS IS THIS TRUE?????????
CUS I THAUGHT THAT THE REASON THE TOP CRAWLERS IN THE WORLD U STEELIES IS BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLLLLY REALLLLLY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHANKS YALL:)

HERE IS THE PICS SORRY FORGOT TO PUT THEM ON

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
well of cours depends on what size hammer u use :) the steelies would be a lot stronger than the ones you have on in the pic hit those with a hammer and see what happens

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
the steelies are strong, they will dent with a hammer if you hit it hard enough but they will not break. They will dent and bend, thats it. Aluminum wheels won't dent as much or bend as easily. They will break before the steel will.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
All that said I hammered out 2 alloy rims and got a guy out of Death Valley. They where both bent bad enough to loose the bead.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Steelies are good since you can bend them back into place. Aluminum rims will almost explode when you hit them hard enough and don't like to be tapped back into place. Also, an aluminum rim needs a larger cross-section to have the same strength that the steelie has. The bad part is that they usually weigh more and are not the best on the street due to the drop in MPG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts