Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they will look linda like the calmini ones, i want to put something in the spaces between the tubes. i like the mesh idea that penski does but i dont want him to think im copying his ideas. I have also thought about diamond plate, is there any other type of fill in material you can think of?

·
Registered
400 Posts
you changed your name again?!?!
we like custom bumpers

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
you changed your name again?!?!
we like custom bumpers
The mods thought it would be funny to teach him a lesson & changed his name from TheOregonFront to TheOregonAW lol

B-rock if you do diamond plate your gay

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I say it would look really cool to do something like Penski61 has done to his & sexy6chicks bummpers. Id even think about a possible stinger.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say it would look really cool to do something like Penski61 has done to his & sexy6chicks bummpers. Id even think about a possible stinger.
stinger?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The only issue with diamond plate or any solid plate is that it could restrict the air flow to the radiator too much and could cause you to overheat.

Also, I think it also depends on what color you are planning on painting the bumpers?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look at fusionfronty99's front bumper, for an idea
i wasnt for sure if i was thinkin what you were lol i know what your talkin about the point looks dangerous hahah

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
i wasnt for sure if i was thinkin what you were lol i know what your talkin about the point looks dangerous hahah
No dork i meant the piece coming off the front of the bumper that goes upward and protects the grill. Thats a cool idea too but yeah.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only issue with diamond plate or any solid plate is that it could restrict the air flow to the radiator too much and could cause you to overheat.

Also, I think it also depends on what color you are planning on painting the bumpers?
the plastic bumper covers the whole radiator>? building a new metal one would not be as restrictive because theres not as much mass around it? am i right or just soudning like an idiot? anyway i dont see how that would cause me to overheat.

im gunna paint them charoal metallic or black.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Your theory is right. As long as your custom bumpers don't cover more then the OEM bumper did, then you should be good to go.

That color paint will make diamond plate perfect to use. I just hate to see it used and then buffed to a shine on bumpers. It makes it look like a cosmetic only modification and not one for real use.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
it will kinda have somethin like that tho ill get a pic

[/url][/IMG]

I think that the best idea for you is to do something like Penski61 did for his bumper. Then extend the sitnger to have a much longer point to it. Then have them lean it out abit, like pull it forward. It would give it a nice look.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
im trying to search threads on the bumpers but the ****IN SEARCH BUTTON SUCKS BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god it just pisses me off

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
im trying to search threads on the bumpers but the ****IN SEARCH BUTTON SUCKS BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god it just pisses me off
Im telling you dude now dont go cheap on your bumper you'll regret it later

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Im telling you dude now dont go cheap on your bumper you'll regret it later
hahah im not goin cheap on my bumpers dude, our fab guy is a great family friend and does AWESOME WORK!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Back to your bumper ideas buttmonkey, what have you found after using the search button lol

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back to your bumper ideas buttmonkey, what have you found after using the search button lol
okay so why dont you sketch up a bumper that you would think that'd suite me

1 - 20 of 85 Posts