Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight well the Northeast has gotten some serious rain this weekend so far and on my way home from watchin the Pacquiao fight i went thru a block that was flooded....didn't think it was so deep untill i noticed that the water level kept risin...it got to the pt where it was start to come over the hood (jsut about 4ft)....wheel i kept goin since it was a oneway street and was already past the half way point. i drove almost 75 ft thru that water at prolly about 7-10 mph. the truck did great but i'm wonderin if there's anything i need to check now...the truck has a volant CAI and a PRG 3" lift w/radflo's 2.5 and UCA's....i know the first think on my list is the axle vent mod

·
Registered
132 Posts
If your air filter got wet enough to suck up a significant amount of water, you'd know it.

Did it sound normal and pull consistently through the water? Was it able to idle normally after you got out of the water?

·
Registered
602 Posts
when you start to float you know you went to deep

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
2 wheel or 4 wheel drive

You need to check all your fluids, especially things with seals to external rotating parts.

So diff fluids, transfer case if 4 wheel drive, trans if 2 wheel drive, engine oil. If any fluids are creamy, change them.

They may cream up again, so keep an eye on it.

Front wheel bearings are sealed, as are the rear wheel bearings in the c200 so change those if they go out.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
truck felt fine the whole time...i was in 2wd. truck is an 06 Nismo CC by the way. no weird idlin or anything afterwards....drove to work today and everything felt normal.

·
Premium Member
12,572 Posts
all your breather hoses more than likely have water in them. i would follow nizmut on this.
the water in the engine bay stuff wouldnt be to bad, most of the water you were pushing if you never stopped so the water in your engine bay wouldnt be to high.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.