Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Another Frontier pro4x owner in the Vancouver BC area. I've had it from new for just over a year. So far I've added the Leer cap and side steps, and recently the 2" Add a leaf to the back and 1.5 spacers up front.
Unfortunately it's been back to Nissan 3 times for the same problem already. The fuel tank vent valve system keeps failing. The valve gets blocked and the charcoal canister fills with water preventing refuelling at the pumps. It seems Nissan doesn't have a solution. Has anyone else managed to fix this permanently? I've seen a couple of posts where a longer hose was attached and routed somewhere further from the back wheels as a non Nissan fix. I don't know exactly where though and It seems strange that not everyone has the same issue.
Any diagrams or leads to more information on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Vendor
2,811 Posts
Welcome on board! Glad to have you join us. Sounds like you're doing great job on your truck. Lots of good information on here to play with. If you ever have any questions, there's definitely a great team of owners and vendors that are happy to help.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to the club...post some pics of your rig and mods when you get a chance!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link Bob. That's exactly what I was trying to find. I'll see what the Nissan guys do with it this time (its back in the shop under warrantee), but I'm sure I'll have to still fix this properly when I get it back.
I'll add some photos soon.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,889 Posts
I had an issue with mine in that the ground wire for the valve had crumbled and was causing the code to throw. The dealer ran a new ground all the way to the ECU and it has since also worn through somewhere and my engine light is always on. One day I will track that down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts