Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its time to start shoveling. For all of you doing the same, take it slow and don't take on too much at once. Its a fact that a lot of people have heart attacks from over doing it while shoveling snow. I wasn't shoveling at the time but I had a heart attack in November and its definitely something you want to avoid. My cousin (had other issues as well) died from a heart attack when he was 34 and I'm 42, so never say your too young.

Start early, take it easy, or get help.....Notice how there doesn't seem to be any kids going up and down the street with snow shovels trying to make some money like we did as kids? (well, I did anyway)

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
all the kids are too busy playing video games. Heck I still shovel for one of my neighbors just because she is up there in age and he husband passed away last year.

Where is Richie (silversuper) when you need him. the storm in Dec kid was up for like 3 days doing snow removal

·
Registered
635 Posts
I share a side by side driveway with a lady in her 70's. I shovel everything. Ours and hers. Not fun but she's not gonna' do it.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
all the kids are too busy playing video games. Heck I still shovel for one of my neighbors just because she is up there in age and he husband passed away last year.

Where is Richie (silversuper) when you need him. the storm in Dec kid was up for like 3 days doing snow removal
i remember goin out as a group and chargin $20 to shovel whole driveways....that'd be a whopping $5 each...mad money back in the day!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lmao hell I'm 20, last snow storm we had me and a buddy went around to shovel just for some extra cash. $40 a driveway, and we made bank! People were shocked to see us out there shoveling snow.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I got 21" over the weekend and 6" last night....it's certainly been a chore for most people to keep up.......

Lucky me, my brother-in-law runs a snow removal company and I only shovel the front steps!

·
Registered
923 Posts
just got back in from doing my neighbors drive way and mine snow is nice and light didnt take to long but i am going to have to do it again because it is still snowing

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I shovel my neighbor driveway that is on crutches and my teenage son does my next door neighbor driveway who is in her 60's.

No money involved. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got done shoveling at my moms, my mother in-laws, my neighbors and my own and not a cent to show for it, but like mike said......some things you just have to do.

I have 2 snow blowers, a 2 cycle Toro with a single stage rubber flapper and an old MTD 2 stage self propelled, both work great but the snow is wet and heavy, so it gave me a work out and a half.

Supposed to get another 5"-8" by 9pm so we'll see what round 2 has instore.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had to shovel my driveway for the third time :(
I'm 17 and pretty fit, & I'll be glad to shovel your driveway for $$ ;)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to shovel my driveway for the third time :(
I'm 17 and pretty fit, & I'll be glad to shovel your driveway for $$ ;)
I think you'd change your mind if you saw my driveway.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lol mine too. It's more of a parking lot than anything. Supposedly we're in the worst of it right now...supposed to keep snowing through the night. I just hope it snows enough to cancel class for one more day hahaha

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol mine too. It's more of a parking lot than anything. Supposedly we're in the worst of it right now...supposed to keep snowing through the night. I just hope it snows enough to cancel class for one more day hahaha
Same here, I hope classes are canceled so I don't have to teach.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The city of Pittsburgh is an absolute mess...they are actually contracting anyone with any type of snow removal equipment to help the cause. The National Guard is actually taking care of half of the 911 calls and delivering prescription meds.

I'm 30 miles north of the city and us country folks are managing just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Here in CT this damn storm is finally starting to show it's teeth. Shoveled the heaping 3 inches we had this morning when I got back from work. Bastards decided to close the office after I'd all ready driven there. People around here have no clue. I'm from upstate NY and what we've had so far doesn't amount to jack squat. Bring it on!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Same here, I hope classes are canceled so I don't have to teach.
Hahah you don't teach at St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill NY do you!?

We gotta about a foot here, and its supposed to snow until 6am so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it's may last class of the week tomorrow...5 day weekend!?

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
yeah i just will the snow away. it never really snows bad enough for anyone around here to shovel. the roads still get attacked by the plows. but my driveway is normally clear.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts