Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Installed a Navara spec'd eBay snorkel last weekend but it seems a little bit off. The mounting bracket near the windshield is way too short and doesn't reach the pillar. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm also not ecstatic about drilling into the body near the windshield, as it will be hard to repair if I ever return to stock/sell the truck. Luckily I found some lava red front fenders to ease the pain of drilling a 3" hole into a 2yr old truck.

I've been driving it all week with just the fender bolts and the only issue is some vibration in the snorkel body at speed. This weekend I plan on fabbing a bracket that mounts in between the door sill and is attatched with heavy duty double sided tape. That way the door would hold it secure when closed. This is the setup i had on my Jeep commander and it held up fine over the years. Not too sure how this will affect the waterproofing of the door seal, so I'll just have to see how it comes out.

The snorkel-to-intake tube was also incompatible and has a flat, flanged end to mount on the air intake. What alternatives are y'all using to connect the two?

Sorry for the low quality pic, I'll try and get a couple more of the intake tube and bracket tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hard to tell from that pic but it looks like you didn't get the template lined up correctly and drilled the fender bolts in the wrong place. That upper arm should hug the a pillar pretty close. It's also pretty difficult to mount the bracket on the a-pillar with the fender bolts snugged down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The template was definitely a bit off, as it wouldn't properly line up on all sides of the fender. The problem is the snorkel sits too high off the pillar for the bracket to reach. I kinda prefer how it came out, as it makes the snorkel head sit higher up. I made the flanged end of the intake tube work, by screwing it to the flat part of the air intake tube about 3" back...just doesn't seem too watertight.

The kit I got also came with some random parts. Had like 15 rivnuts and a metal gasket to put on the flanged end.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
The template I got was just straight up wrong, the big hole would have been in the wrong place by about 4 inches. Toothpaste is your friend.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Taggage - have a snorkel waiting for me at the house.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Installed a Navara spec'd eBay snorkel last weekend but it seems a little bit off. The mounting bracket near the windshield is way too short and doesn't reach the pillar. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm also not ecstatic about drilling into the body near the windshield, as it will be hard to repair if I ever return to stock/sell the truck. Luckily I found some lava red front fenders to ease the pain of drilling a 3" hole into a 2yr old truck.

I've been driving it all week with just the fender bolts and the only issue is some vibration in the snorkel body at speed. This weekend I plan on fabbing a bracket that mounts in between the door sill and is attatched with heavy duty double sided tape. That way the door would hold it secure when closed. This is the setup i had on my Jeep commander and it held up fine over the years. Not too sure how this will affect the waterproofing of the door seal, so I'll just have to see how it comes out.

The snorkel-to-intake tube was also incompatible and has a flat, flanged end to mount on the air intake. What alternatives are y'all using to connect the two?

Sorry for the low quality pic, I'll try and get a couple more of the intake tube and bracket tomorrow.
Hey there, I installed the same kit today and have the exact same gap at the a-pillar as you do... Did you come up with some brackets? Or did you try notching the holes further to bring the top down a little?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts