Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the idea to mount the Satelite radio and Flush mount USB port into the pocket that goes above the radio. This is still in the fitment stages, and will soon get painted to match the GOLD that the truck is... In the mean time, here are some pics.

·
Registered
99 Posts
great idea. I am going to do something like that soon, just dont know if i am going to come out in that exact location with mine. I am considering putting it in the empty cigerate hole below the vent controls but now you gave me one more option.

·
Registered
331 Posts
great idea. I am going to do something like that soon, just dont know if i am going to come out in that exact location with mine. I am considering putting it in the empty cigerate hole below the vent controls but now you gave me one more option.
Thats where I put mine...

It will friction fit with no modifications too. I plan on hardwiring mine in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I need to figure out a better spot for my radio. I want to mess with it tomorrow but its suppose to be in the mid 90s with 90% humidity so I am gonna wait.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats where I put mine...

It will friction fit with no modifications too. I plan on hardwiring mine in the near future.
Nice, location for the control unit, but i was thinking about the usb port itself. My head unit should be here tomorrow and the usb is located in the back. I want to bring it up front and was looking for locations to put it. Some people take the cabel to the glove compartment, but my unit will not controll my mp3 player, so i have to have it close by for me to access the controls. I love this forum, so many ideas on how to do things.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
only thing i dont like is the sat radio is going to be in direct sun light A LOT. that can cause it to deform or even fail because of the heat. heat is the number 1 killer of electronics.

Nice, location for the control unit, but i was thinking about the usb port itself. My head unit should be here tomorrow and the usb is located in the back. I want to bring it up front and was looking for locations to put it. Some people take the cabel to the glove compartment, but my unit will not controll my mp3 player, so i have to have it close by for me to access the controls. I love this forum, so many ideas on how to do things.
what radio did you buy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
only thing i dont like is the sat radio is going to be in direct sun light A LOT. that can cause it to deform or even fail because of the heat. heat is the number 1 killer of electronics.

what radio did you buy?
Another good point, I purchased a clarion cx609.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Another good point, I purchased a clarion cx609.
I have the same radio, it is my first clarion head unit and I love it. I have always had alpine gear but the Clarion has made me switch for good. Looks are not the best but are still great, the sound it produces is amazing though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the same radio, it is my first clarion head unit and I love it. I have always had alpine gear but the Clarion has made me switch for good. Looks are not the best but are still great, the sound it produces is amazing though.
Thats good to here. I did a lot of research to find one that fit my needs and price range. i could not find to much on this site on who has this same unit. The price was right, it has a 2 year warranty, and some other nice features. Purchased it from cruthfield, sight unseen so to speak. this will be my first attemp at installing a deck. So much good info on this sight that i feel like i should have no problems, at least none that i cant find the answers to here on this forum, when i install it. It does have a usb port in the back, and i was hoping to mount the USB somewhere up front, i think i saw a post on here of a special adapter one can purchase that can be used to accomplish this. That why i was excited to see how how CUSTOMLOWZ above did his USB connection out the top tray area. I apologize if i stold the thread, talking about my future install, so i will post my install and future plans on another thread from now on.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Thats good to here. I did a lot of research to find one that fit my needs and price range. i could not find to much on this site on who has this same unit. The price was right, it has a 2 year warranty, and some other nice features. Purchased it from cruthfield, sight unseen so to speak. this will be my first attemp at installing a deck. So much good info on this sight that i feel like i should have no problems, at least none that i cant find the answers to here on this forum, when i install it. It does have a usb port in the back, and i was hoping to mount the USB somewhere up front, i think i saw a post on here of a special adapter one can purchase that can be used to accomplish this. That why i was excited to see how how CUSTOMLOWZ above did his USB connection out the top tray area. I apologize if i stold the thread, talking about my future install, so i will post my install and future plans on another thread from now on.
I ran my usb up to the lower glove box. My IPOD stays hooked up and no one can see it in there. Wiring is easy, just dont rush anything. Its all pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you should be able to hook up your MP3 player and it should show up as a thumb drive. if it does that you dont need to have it out to control it.
The specks say that it controls ipods, i have a creative zen player, so i dont know if i will be abel to control things like skip, search, play, stop, favorites etc, thru the radio, if not then i will need to be abel to access the mp3 player while i drive,

so i think

·
Registered
99 Posts
try it first. like i said, it should show up as a thumb/hard drive. if it does you will be able to control it somewhat.
Thanks for the info, i have my fingers crossed that i will be abel to control my player thru the headunit. It should be here today, probably install it this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts