Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked out to my truck this morning to see my front driver side tire touching my fender. Looked underneath the truck to find a snapped torsion bar. Having one h3ll of a time finding even a junkyard replacement. Anyone have a spare to sell?? It's from 02 3.3 4x4

Basically nla from Nissan, aftermarket is too much for my stock 2xx,xxx mile truck. And junkyards for some reason have no frontiers

Any help appreciated greatly!

·
Registered
337 Posts
You might try PartsHotline.com They are just a search engine for used auto parts, and at 200,000+ she's just a baby, lol. Also, I have the same truck, there are a lot xterras, that have the same suspension and driveline, and they are easier to find. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Car-part.com may help you. They look like they aren't being sold anymore new.

Keep in mind, torsion bars a specified as lefts and rights. I'm not positive if there are markings on the stock bars.

I highly recommend you replace both with new parts. 4x4parts.com has them for 167 a pair. Pretty low cost when you thinking about the other one breaking while you're doing 65 down the highway.

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me earlier this year. Came out to a truck in the driveway with a broke bar, trailered it to a friends garage and pulled it inside. The other bar broke while I was moving the truck around.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Those are all 2 WD,and won't fit the 4 WD. I don't know how long you are planning on keeping your truck, but $167 for 2 new torsion bars, seems a bargain.
...that and don't cheap out on critical parts::smile::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts