Nissan Frontier Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was on my way from work this morning when a taco kept taunting at a light , light turns green he takes off like a bat out of hell im not really into killing myself or someone else in traffic kept him in my sites and when no one was arround i lined up again at red when lite turned green i never seen him again took him from bottom end all the way into low 100s

·
Registered
145 Posts
hahaha AWSOME!!!
well i had somthing like that happen to me on the freeway...
a trd taco was tailing and kept trying to pass me up...
i pwned him and ended up going like 120...
gotta love the VQ40!!!!
P's

·
Registered
838 Posts
blackbart said:
was on my way from work this morning when a taco kept taunting at a light , light turns green he takes off like a bat out of hell im not really into killing myself or someone else in traffic kept him in my sites and when no one was arround i lined up again at red when lite turned green i never seen him again took him from bottom end all the way into low 100s
was your frontier bone stock? i read in edmunds or something along those lines that even though the taco has less ponies, it still had the advantage on the frontier off the line. my guess would be that the are light in weight.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My dad has a 06 TRD CC and we race all the time! off the line i always kick his *** but theres times when he bets me! :eek: both stock! but not for long :twisted:

·
Registered
838 Posts
i'm sure that must piss your "pop" off. i thought that article i read was not accurate. 235 hp vs. 265 hp. no contest!

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Frontier is 4500lbs, whereas the Taco is 3400lbs. That's why the Taco is faster in the 60 by a half second. However, I think the Frontier might win the 1/4 mile due to the greater HP once momentum builds. That article states that eh Taco's handling is atrocious, where as the Frontier was actually fun!

To bad there wasn't a mod to lighten up our trucks by 400-800 pounds without sacrificing the truck. Then no one would stand a chance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
nice kill! :wink:

·
Banned
410 Posts
my friend has a 06 TRD sport. its deff a quick *** truck, but i own him all the time. then again its an STI haha. but when i had my frontier, his truck always had just a little bit of a edge on me. we would stay pretty even but he was always in front, i really think there was somethign wrong with my fronty but who knows....

as for the 120 remark.... our trucks gov at 110-111..... if its bone stock i think your 120 was a little off lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
My truck hit the speed limiter right around 112. It's a 6-spd SE KC 4x4. I weighed on a scale with me (170 lbs), half a tank of gas, and probably another 50-75 lbs in tools and stereo equipment and it came out to almost exactly 4500 lbs.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nice kill! I never get anyone wanting to race :(
Must mean that they're scared of me :lol:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i would hope the tacoma is lighter - that truck feels like it twists more than a pretzel...

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
I have never liked yotas.... or hondas for that matter
good kill

though I would reccomend that you leave things like speed out of the post...

as it can be used against you ;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My view on the subject on whose truck is better, faster, stronger, whatever, is that as long as you're happy with what you bought then you're content with what you've got. Does it really matter who's quarter mile is faster on a street/daily driven truck? Sure maybe for some it is but for me not really. I'm not saying that the extra "oomph" isn't nice on daily aspects such as merging on the freeway, passing vehicles etc... this are some reasons on why I/we mod our vehicles. Toyota's are nice trucks who've proven their reliability time and again and the same stands for Nissan trucks. I bought my Frontier(2nd Gen) since it looked nice and isn't too common (yet) the power also intrigued me so i opted to get it. I'm pretty sure you guys bought you're Tacomas due to the reasons stated. I'm happy with the choices I made and the same stands for you guys. btw any truck can/will get stuck no matter what. I've seen built buggies and trucks get stuck and/or get broken off road. I for one would'nt mind getting pulled out by a toyota, ford even the mitsubishi raider if i ever get stuck, i'd rather be out enjoying wheeling and getting back to camp in one piece than to stay with my vehicle while my head is swelled up with my ego. Suck up you're ego(s) off-roading is about the comraderie for those who enjoy it even though some people can be asses at times. Now b4 i get bashed by Nissan and Yota owners i'm out!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.