·
Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
813 Posts
No. Sounds like you need a Ford Maverick

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think that the Maverick is going to be such a huge hit for Ford, most other brands (including Nissan) are going to have no choice but to introduce something similar.

That market niche is going to be as popular as small SUVs are right now - and the same young women who are currently driving CR-Vs, RAVs and Rogues are going to be it's biggest customer base.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
I think that the Maverick is going to be such a huge hit for Ford, most other brands (including Nissan) are going to have no choice but to introduce something similar.

That market niche is going to be as popular as small SUVs are right now - and the same young women who are currently driving CR-Vs, RAVs and Rogues are going to be it's biggest customer base.
I don’t know or notice any women who drive a pickup truck where I’m from. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

Clint

Reactions: twoliggett

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,335 Posts
I don’t know or notice any women who drive a pickup truck where I’m from. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

Clint
Come on up to Western Canada

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4x2 Crewcab
65 Posts
I think you'll see other automakers putting out Maverick sized unibody trucks in the next couple years. A lot of them already have models being sold overseas that could be brought to the market here, or they could do what Ford did and use one of the platforms currently in use for their brands midsize SUV and use a lot of shared components to build a small unibody. Ford is getting Escape, Bronco, and Maverick out of the same platform currently. Demand for the Maverick has been significant and I think other automakers will get a piece of that pie. I could see a revamped Dodge Dakota or a Chevy S10 having an audience.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Clint
My wife told me what was a BIG factor with getting the Frontier was easy to drive, easy to see over the dash when driving, and the biggest was she can reach over the side of the bed.

For her it is very functional and practical. I think more women would have a truck because of these reasons.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
835 Posts
The Maverick is borderline too small. At the point you get left with front wheel drive and a 4 foot bed you have to start asking yourself, "Do I really need a pickup?"

Reactions: athertonbt

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Before the small SUV market existed, you rarely saw women driving SUVs, either.

Nowadays, probably 95% of all CRV, RAV or Rogue owners are women.

The Maverick has just about all the advantages of a small SUV (easy-to-handle size, good fuel economy, affordable price tag) - plus a truck bed.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
835 Posts
Here in my part of the country 9.5 of every 10 Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans are driven by women. And generally they have no children. Women LOVE land barges, not tiny CUVs and compact pickups.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thing is a lot of women are not going to like not having that closed in area where the bed is. Not the greatest grocery getter!
Ford offers hard and soft bed covers - And so do dozens of aftermarket manufacturers.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

The split back seats also fold down for cargo.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
The Maverick is borderline too small. At the point you get left with front wheel drive and a 4 foot bed you have to start asking yourself, "Do I really need a pickup?"
Have you actually looked at a Maverick in person? Interior is similar in size to the Frontier and the bed is surprisingly deep. Unless you are pulling big trailers or driving over rocks, these smaller trucks 100% fit a niche.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
Before the small SUV market existed, you rarely saw women driving SUVs, either.

Nowadays, probably 95% of all CRV, RAV or Rogue owners are women.

The Maverick has just about all the advantages of a small SUV (easy-to-handle size, good fuel economy, affordable price tag) - plus a truck bed.
An suv is a modern station wagon.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 SV, Silver
436 Posts
I always wanted the Tacoma Marty Mcfly ended up with in Back to the Future. I really liked the size of those earlier Toyota and Frontiers and lamented the move to mid size. That said and after 16 mos. in my 2020, I now would not want something smaller, the 20 is a perfect size for my needs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts