Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever farting around on has been done with the site today (by developers/admins/whomever) has resulted in slow or non responsive actions when it comes to attempting to scroll or tap on an action tab.

Using an iPad Air. Not happening on other sites I visit.

I’m really understanding why long time members of this forum are so freakin pissed. I would’ve thought that the wheel would not need to be reinvented when it comes to a simple fuggin forum.

It would be appreciated by many if y’all would use common sense, standard devices, and navigate around a bit yourselves to see just how disfunctional this site is.

It’s Friday for cryin’ out loud. You would think I’d be in a better mood. :mad:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed pages were slow to load usually due to ads. And a Toyota ad kept popping up on the right hand side. Why is that?
I get Toyota ads, right now there’s a Buick (Buick??) ad, so many crappy ads... and it’s when I try to scroll... I either accidentally select a post that I don’t want, or end up clicking one of the bazillion ads on the right side of the screen.

It’s ridiculous. I end up just going to Expedition Portal & looking around where at least I’m able to navigate the site without screaming profanities.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can type an entire word like “unresponsive”, and the letters “unre” will show with a little lag time, then I can sit back, scratch my dangly bits and wait for the rest of the word to materialize... BS.

·
Administrator
809 Posts
Whatever farting around on has been done with the site today (by developers/admins/whomever) has resulted in slow or non responsive actions when it comes to attempting to scroll or tap on an action tab.

Using an iPad Air. Not happening on other sites I visit.

I’m really understanding why long time members of this forum are so freakin pissed. I would’ve thought that the wheel would not need to be reinvented when it comes to a simple fuggin forum.

It would be appreciated by many if y’all would use common sense, standard devices, and navigate around a bit yourselves to see just how disfunctional this site is.

It’s Friday for cryin’ out loud. You would think I’d be in a better mood. :mad:
Can you tell me more about this? I want to try to replicate the issue so I can report it. Scrolling is slow? What else is happening? What browser are you using as well?
-Philip

·
Administrator
809 Posts
I can type an entire word like “unresponsive”, and the letters “unre” will show with a little lag time, then I can sit back, scratch my dangly bits and wait for the rest of the word to materialize... BS.
I will try to replicate this, let me know what browser you are using.
-Philip

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was using an iPad Air, OS 12.4.3 when experiencing these issues.

I am now using an IPhone 11 Pro Max, software version 13.1.3 and it’s not acting the same. All seems to be ok.

I’ll let you know if my new MacBook is affected next time I’m using it to cruise the forum

·
Administrator
809 Posts
I was using an iPad Air, OS 12.4.3 when experiencing these issues.

I am now using an IPhone 11 Pro Max, software version 13.1.3 and it’s not acting the same. All seems to be ok.

I’ll let you know if my new MacBook is affected next time I’m using it to cruise the forum
Many thanks for the update!
-Philip

·
Registered
566 Posts
These are conquest ads served to you typically by the ad providers like google. This would not be the only site on the internet that would be trying to serve you ads for a vehicle you dont already own.
-Philip
Philip, I’m totally kidding about the adverts. It’s just ironic based and the context of why we are members of this community. I know you don’t control these.

·
Administrator
809 Posts
Philip, I’m totally kidding about the adverts. It’s just ironic based and the context of why we are members of this community. I know you don’t control these.
All good. They can be annoying, I get it. Its only really bad if your on a hunting site and getting conquest ads during an election year. Conversations explaining what we don't directly control get pretty colorful. haha. and thanks for being a good sport about the ads, we are working on making these better.
-Philip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts