Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

anybody have a couple of spare doors hanging around?:comphead:
prefer the radiant silver ..... so no painting required....:laugh:
2 yrs of playing off road.... have replaced u-joints, alternator (submerged to many times and killed mn bearing), and typical side striping, but this was the first time for real damage you can see.
i guess now thats its broken in i can justify lift, winch, etc....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wierd thing is my truck doesnt chirp to arm alarm anymore.
its all cosmetic, power windows and locks all work.....
you cant really see it well but the front door handle is I little mushroomed out, as is the whole area aroungd it. very slight but to fix it would have bondo covering 1/2 the door ..... rear is obviously worse...
checked several places here in atlanta and a used parts locater. got crazy pricing. anywhere from 250 per door to 800?! WTF?
probably cheaper to get new door skins .... paint them and put all my guts back in...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I know the back doors are different, but are the front doors the same on a pathfinder?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, found out today that 05-07 fronty and pathfinder are sane for the front door.
I am patient.... would like to find both doors from the same vehicle. I am also going to check out price for new doors (sheetmetal only). I am a semi reformed gear head that worked in a bodyshop for 3 years to support my hotrod habit...... I can paint the jambs and inside skin (i have a compressor and LV spray gun) and i can have the outside done at a bodyshop.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I wonder if you could take off the door panels and use an hammer from the inside to bang out the dents. Then a little bondo and you could be good to go. I am not sure about any creases thou but could be an option.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I wonder if you could take off the door panels and use an hammer from the inside to bang out the dents. Then a little bondo and you could be good to go. I am not sure about any creases thou but could be an option.
Once you took the door panel off you would be working through a bunch of little holes to try to get to the dents. It's hard enough to dynomat between the two layers of the door, let alone try to swing a tool to knock dents out. Maybe a professional could do it, but I doubt the average joe could get away with it without just making it look worse.

·
Registered
100 Posts
dent puller, drills holes and pulls the dents out, then a little bondo, paint a coat on the door, clearcoat and G2G, just another option to think about. might be cheaper who knows.

"those trees just jump right out of nowhere!" - an old ex GF of mine

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like i am going to fix what I have..... It has been 20 years since I worked at a body shop. For some odd reason, the part pricing I remember has gone up. $400-600 for a door shell that I have to paint????!! :thatswck:
I see some bondo in my future......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts