Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a 2" front 1" rear Daystar suspension lift and Roadmaster Active Suspension springs on my 2010 Pro-4x CC.

Now, when first taking off there is a slight vibration/shudder at the rear end of the truck ONLY when first accelerating from a stop, it goes away quickly.

Any thoughts on what I can track down to adjust and ultimately eliminate this?

I've done some reading and figure it's either axle wrap or driveline issue. Since the drive shaft is one piece I'm inclined to think more towards the axle wrap. It could also be that the Roadmaster springs need to be adjusted?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Aren't those Roadmaster Active Suspension suppose to eliminate axle wrap?!?! hummm, I would call their customer support

I doubt the Daystar kit would be the culprit ... maybe take out the RAS system and see if the problem goes away first.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the RAS is supposed to eliminate axle wrap and wheel hop. I just talked to Roadmaster (RAS) tech support, what's likely going on is that the installer jacked the tension on the RAS all the way up and the rear end is now way too tight.

The tech I talked to wants me to tow my boat this weekend, see what happens with the vibration and more importantly, if the truck sags at all under the tongue weight. If it does NOT sag, then there is a ton of adjustment we can do. If it does sag, we have to go to plan B.

I'm thinking that the springs need to be loosened up a bit, tested, and adjusted until the vibration is gone. Once it's right it should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if my truck was doing anything unusual after and install of anything i'd be double checking all my work especially with it being suspension/driveline you really don't want to take anything with that system lightly

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
my friend lifted his taco and experienced vibrations. It proved to be the angle at which the propeller shaft entered the diff was off. We found out the blocks are angled and have a front and back...

this probably isnt the case you have but i thought it may help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No blocks in back, shackles.

Definitely will be checking everything over and over until it's right! Don't need anything wearing down quicker then it needs to or worse. Will go back to stock if I can't get things working acceptably.

AndrewK, what are you implying with your comment? Not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant to add that after an alignment this morning that the vibration has diminished some, but is not completely gone. The "toe" was out on both sides up front.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Any change in pinion angle can lead to possible vibration in the drive line; or make any vibration previously there much more pronounced. Although, driveline vibration is typically most noticeable during acceleration and speeds over 50mph.

Have you noticed any vibrations at freeway speeds? Have you checked the little things; tire pressure and balance, no visible dents or marks on the drive shaft?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tire pressure/balance, alignment were checked and adjusted this morning and are fine. I looked over the driveshaft last night and there are no marks, dents or other issues there.

The work was done yesterday. There were no vibrations or anything prior to the mods being done. Truck only as 3300 miles on it. I noticed the vibration on the way home from the shop.

I'll be working with both the shop and Roadmaster in the days to come to get things right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I am definitely not gunning it. Just normal non-exciting driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts