Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
trail-gear works for me

so does $173

Do you enjoy that 2 feet of unprotected space after your sliders end? BTW what did your trail gears really cost you because they cannot mount to the truck as built they have to be modified.

·
Rogue Admin
13,221 Posts
Do you enjoy that 2 feet of unprotected space after your sliders end? BTW what did your trail gears really cost you because they cannot mount to the truck as built they have to be modified.
true, and i had to weld nuts into the last support on the slider, closest the box on the driver's side as there is no physical way to bolt it on because of the gas tank. it will be interesting to see what comes out of them.

i'm guessing these bolt-on cc lwb sliders means these ones getting fab'ed are longer, they must be supported closer to the front of the cab, making those extra few feet flexible and possible to damage the box anyways.

·
Rogue Admin
13,221 Posts
yes, this is mine BUT the damage came from the OEM step bar ripping off and getting jammed up there - one week prior to me installing my sliders. but good job searching

found a pic without extended sliders with damage. Is this yours zedbra?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
true, and i had to weld nuts into the last support on the slider, closest the box on the driver's side as there is no physical way to bolt it on because of the gas tank. it will be interesting to see what comes out of them.

i'm guessing these bolt-on cc lwb sliders means these ones getting fab'ed are longer, they must be supported closer to the front of the cab, making those extra few feet flexible and possible to damage the box anyways.
The mounts to the frame are 1/4" plate in a U bracket to encapsulate the frame. the legs from the frame to the frame mounts are 2x2 3/16" wall square tube so is the lower rail and everything is well supported. Nothing will flex. The issue with the gas tank is kind of a pain since I will most likely have to drop the gas tank to mount the sliders. The only reason to drop the tank is to ensure it isnt punctured when the holes are drilled, other than that there is enough space for the plate and nuts.

I must admit I am surprised by all of the negativity. I am spending a lot of $$$ to get a proper CC LWB slider built and all I get is crap on why I didn't get the way too short trailgear sliders. It's no wonder there are hardly any shops that make stuff for Nissan's when they do everybody complains. Yes these sliders are going to cost more than $200 hell the materials alone cost more than $200 but I feel it is worth it because rocker panel and door damage will cost a hell of a lot more than the $$$ I am spending on these sliders. I plan on abusing the hell out of them @ GONE Moab next year so I want something done right and very strong.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I don't want to wait till GONE Moab to see some action shots. Lets see some pic's now:)

·
Rogue Admin
13,221 Posts
sounds good, wasnt trying to give ya heck, just raising some points cuz i've been there. I didn't think there would be room for a plate and nut next to the tank, so I am curious to see how this works for you. Good luck, looking forward to seeing the final product.

The mounts to the frame are 1/4" plate in a U bracket to encapsulate the frame. the legs from the frame to the frame mounts are 2x2 3/16" wall square tube so is the lower rail and everything is well supported. Nothing will flex. The issue with the gas tank is kind of a pain since I will most likely have to drop the gas tank to mount the sliders. The only reason to drop the tank is to ensure it isnt punctured when the holes are drilled, other than that there is enough space for the plate and nuts.

I must admit I am surprised by all of the negativity. I am spending a lot of $$$ to get a proper CC LWB slider built and all I get is crap on why I didn't get the way too short trailgear sliders. It's no wonder there are hardly any shops that make stuff for Nissan's when they do everybody complains. Yes these sliders are going to cost more than $200 hell the materials alone cost more than $200 but I feel it is worth it because rocker panel and door damage will cost a hell of a lot more than the $$$ I am spending on these sliders. I plan on abusing the hell out of them @ GONE Moab next year so I want something done right and very strong.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts