Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a local shop (near Portland, OR) that is going to make some sliders for my '08 CC LB. The shop specializes in Hotrods and Vintage cars but they do take on other projects like this from time to time. Vancouver Hotrods

I want to see if there is any interest in sliders for the longbeds since none of the usual sources seem to make them for the long beds. I don't have an exact cost right now but the owner said he should be able to stick around $500 for quality bolt on sliders.

The shop is going to blueprint the design they build for me so if there is additional interest others will be able to contact them and order a set.

If you are interested subscribe to this thread and once I have them completed I will post the pics.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
any crew cab sliders will fit you cabs the same as mine its just a longer bed
get trail gear sliders for 99 bucks
Trail-Gear Inc > Rock Sliders
Rock Sliders - 78" 88-04 Xtra-Cab, $99, pair, 120003-1-K
they have a longer wheelbase man... a lot of that bed wouldnt be protected... loosing the point of having a slider

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
any crew cab sliders will fit you cabs the same as mine its just a longer bed
get trail gear sliders for 99 bucks
Trail-Gear Inc > Rock Sliders
Rock Sliders - 78" 88-04 Xtra-Cab, $99, pair, 120003-1-K
the bed woud not be protected in front of the wheel. You have to remember. They have as much cab as a 4 door and as much bed as the extended cab.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
the cabs are the same on the crewcabs
there doors arent longer then ours .They start at the front fender and end at the back of the rear door the trail gear will work

the cabs are the same on the crewcabs
there doors arent longer then ours .They start at the front fender and end at the back of the rear door the trail gear will work

hell look at mikes from shrocks mine run the same distance just like a Longbed.
Its just that a LONGBED not a LONGCAB young lads

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
^^ Crew Cab + 6' bed. The 78" won't do. Take our word for it.
The 78" already exposes 2-3" of fenders on both ends. With the long bed measurement, we're looking at around 2'.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The cabs are the same length but the bed in front of the rear tire is different

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
now you've got it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't taken exact measurements yet but the sliders I need are going to be approx 96". With 78" sliders I would have 18 inches of unprotected space.

Jeff024-> Also the true cost of trail gear sliders is not $99 + shipping it is...
$99 for the cut steel
$50-75 for shipping
$200 for additional fabrication labor and materials to make them fit and assembly

At that point after painting them I am close to $400

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I haven't taken exact measurements yet but the sliders I need are going to be approx 96". With 78" sliders I would have 18 inches of unprotected space.

Jeff024-> Also the true cost of trail gear sliders is not $99 + shipping it is...
$99 for the cut steel
$50-75 for shipping
$200 for additional fabrication labor and materials to make them fit and assembly

At that point after painting them I am close to $400
$it not that much for those of us who can weld them up our selves. Even then paying some should cost nowhere near that much.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
200 to 300 is what Jagger has been quoted to get his sliders cut and welded up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The steel was sent out to the bender, I need to get down there for another fitting probably on Monday or Tuesday so they can verify all of the angles are correct then they will weld them up and I can get them installed.

I believe the shop is making three sets at the same time so it looks like there will be two more for sale. They are using my truck for the measurements so anything 2005 -2009 should fit unless any mounts to the frame changed during that time which is unlikely.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I live in the Portland metro area and would be interested to see how these turn out. Mine is a CC short box though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update!

Things have been busy lately. I just got back from the shop making my sliders. The sliders are finished and they are just finishing up the mounting brackets. I should have my sliders on next week!!!

The bottom square tube is 3/16" wall 2x2 I believe and the tubing is .120 wall 2" OD. The sliders are 100" long and are pretty close running from wheel well to wheel well. I had to trim the pinch weld in the front since it dips down a bit and I removed my front mud flaps.

I'll upload more pics once I get them mounted.

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
man those are long. how are they going to bolt the rear of them to the frame? I have a longbox and the frame goes way up right past the door for the gas can etc. seema it will be flimsy there

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The third mount is near the end of the cab just before the frame curves up. Everything will be plenty strong enough that is why the lower square tube is 3/16" wall. It won't flex; that and all of the mounting legs to the frame are 3/16 wall square tube welded to 1/4" plate in a U bracket that will grip the frame.

When everything is finished next week I will take some pics of the mounting brackets.

Also these will be bolted on not welded to the frame.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Let me know what the final cost ends up being.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts