Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anyone has experience with Slide in Camper on their Nissan Frontier. After looking for infos about this, different options were proposed. For the Nissan Frontier, only a slide in Camper, type Pop up is to choose. The truck need to have extra support on the rear etc... Does anyone has deal with this or can give me more infos. Also does anyone has photos or will be ok to have their truck/slidevin Camper being checked out, so I can have an idea about. I am in San Antonio, TX. Thanks for any inputs I can get, the more the better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I currently have a Swift FWC on the Frontier. Dry weight is around 830lbs. It was installed by FWC at their warehouse. In order to mount this style camper on the Frontier, the have to bolt it to the bed. There is not enough hand room to use turn buckles at the tie-down loops. 4 bolts are used with 1/4" aluminum plates on the underside of the bed. I can take picture for you the next opportunity I get. The following suspension/tire changes were done to get the ride and load handling to my level of "okay" - your needs might differ depending on where you like to drive and how.

OME CS151R Leafs w/ OME 60017 Shocks
SumoSpring SSR-610-47
Low Range Off Road Ubolt flip that allows for bumpstops - this gets the SumoSpring nice and snug near the frame
E Rated Tires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I do travel a lot for Dog Shows and hotel everytime is ok but the thought on staying at the show site is there. That is why the research of a slide in Camper instead. Most of what I did read was the Swift type, hard to found used ones to be honest. Also rarely do they have a potty/shower area...unless it is custom made. I am not looking for something fancy, just a “basic” inside, but would like honestly the “extra potty/shower”. For the extra on the truck, I did read different options, from no need to change to full extra suspension etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to see pics of the setup for the camper about how it is attached to it. As well as if you do have pics from the inside will be great. Thanks so much for all the infos, I appreciate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would love to see pics of the setup for the camper about how it is attached to it. As well as if you do have pics from the inside will be great. Thanks so much for all the infos, I appreciate.
Our swift is just the shell trim. Very basic interior. I will take pics of the truck bed bolts when it's light out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
The extra 13" of a longbed seems crucial for interior space.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah. If I were to do it again I would get a long bed to accommodate a Fleet model. The swift works. As soon as the kiddos are a few years older they will be kicked out to a tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I went the opposite direction of GK. I ordered a Northstar 700 SC slide in camper. They are made in the U.S.A. The majority of this model of their campers are sent overseas. In the U.S. you have to know what to ask for. I had better luck contacting the manufacturer and having them send info to the dealer.

Dry weight is 1900 pounds. The manufacturer says our trucks only need air bags to handle the weight. I ordered custom leafs from Alcan and installed Ride-Rite air bags in the back. I have OME HD coilovers in the front. The suspension and brakes can handle the weight. The little 4.0 V6 leaves a little to be desired on the highway. It gets us 10 miles out on the beach no problem.

This site has some decent photos of the interior of the camper. https://www.northstarcampers.cl/espanol/700sc.php

Loaded up.

Cape Cod, on the beach.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is our Fleet Shell, 2016 Nissan Frontier 4 Door Long Bed. No shower though.
It is fastened with 4 turnbuckles installed by the FWC Dealer at MainLine Overland in NH. Our shell is about 700lb empty.
Upgraded Tires to E rated, and added 2 leafs to springs and air bags. About 14K miles, runs great.
But we do have a large poodle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts