Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
shrockworks skids are powder coated... skid row comes bare... no matter what.. you have to paint them yourself... im gonna be honest.. shrocks powder coating is some of the best ive seen, its MAD durable

ive come down on mine a couple time now and all the powder coating is intact... its also been through 2 of NYS salty winters and none of it even shows like its about to come off

a second BIG difference is that shrocks skids protect your t-bars and wraps around them... skid row only protects the t-bar adjuster and leaves your t-bars out in the open

the last big difference is that shrocks doesnt require drilling for the mounting for the front and engine skid... but does for the t-case skid

skid row needs it on all

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
shrockworks skids are powder coated... skid row comes bare... no matter what.. you have to paint them yourself... im gonna be honest.. shrocks powder coating is some of the best ive seen, its MAD durable

ive come down on mine a couple time now and all the powder coating is intact... its also been through 2 of NYS salty winters and none of it even shows like its about to come off
I have shrockworks plate on my Gen2. One came is powder coat, one is bed linered and the rest is spray painted. I have to take them all down once a year to repaint them. I didn't see advantage in get power coat. Everything scrapes off.
The powder coating is additional charged and it is more expensive to have them shipped.

the last big difference is that shrocks doesnt require drilling for the mounting for the front and engine skid... but does for the t-case skid

skid row needs it on all
You only have to drill holes for the front and t-case skid row plates.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have shrockworks plate on my Gen2. One came is powder coat, one is bed linered and the rest is spray painted. I have to take them all down once a year to repaint them. I didn't see advantage in get power coat. Everything scrapes off.
The powder coating is additional charged and it is more expensive to have them shipped.

You only have to drill holes for the front and t-case skid row plates.
odd... everyone i know praises their powder coating

and i know for a fact the skid row engine skid needs to have the rear torsion bar crossmember drilled, i had to on my buddy daves 98 frontier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts