Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before, but i could not find the old thread(s). Anyhow i'm looking for aftermarket skid plates for the 05-06 frontiers. I got mine kinda dented so might aswell replace em with new stronger ones. pics soon.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
as promised
nuthin special just a local fire road.

ok so i had time to finally remove my skid plates and saw this. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure it's not but can this screw up anything?

thats the oil filter on top btw. 1 more

hey guys i'm kinda trippin out on this. what consequences should i be aware of? I looked at it again and it didn't bend whatevver you call this (please tell me) it just dented it so i'm still unsure. any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
hey JayP, that is one heck of a dent. I've actually jacked up my vehicle from that crossmember. I wouldn't worry about it but then I'm no expert. The stock skids are worthless. I would invest in some Black Panther skids for serious offroading. They seem to be a quality product.

·
Registered
224 Posts
JayP said:
thats the oil filter on top btw. 1 more

ck your skid plate, does it have a dent or scratch?, i would say this is normal, if you look at your skid plate it will align to that dent your talking about, the reason it there, when replacing oil filter the oil will pass to skid plate thru that dent instead of dripping around the bottom skid plate/crossmember

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah my skids are pretty banged up and there also scratches right on the crossmember so i'm assuming that a rock did bash onto it. If you guys dont mind helping a fellow club member does anyone want to crawl underneath their truck and see if it's really suppose to bent at that spot. I'm asking since it a pretty clean bend :lol: thanks guys.

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
just crawled under my 2X4.. no such dent...

·
Registered
246 Posts
courtesyparts.com has some decent skid plates that are inexpensive for someone who wants added protection for their undercarriage. Ive only put on the 4x4 transfer case skid plate, eventually ill get all that i can fit :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
JayP said:
hey guys i'm kinda trippin out on this. what consequences should i be aware of? I looked at it again and it didn't bend whatevver you call this (please tell me) it just dented it so i'm still unsure. any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
8O How in the world did you dent the cross member that bad? You had to have been airborne and come down straight on the beam. I'm pretty sure you would have even dented the BPA plates.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wtf is the BPA plates? i dented when i hit a dip turns out theres a big rock thus causing the dent i wasnt even going that fast lol. i'm prob just gonna get it plated when i get my lt. coming late 06. hahaha

·
Registered
483 Posts
JayP said:
wtf is the BPA plates? i dented when i hit a dip turns out theres a big rock thus causing the dent i wasnt even going that fast lol. i'm prob just gonna get it plated when i get my lt. coming late 06. hahaha
So far the only other skid plates on the market are Black Panthers. They're a bit tougher then the Nissan plates.

Kind of scares me if you weren't going that fast. Makes me wonder how stout is the FronT frame.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
the fully boxed fram is stout. same frame as on the titan. what's good for a 5500lb vehicle is good for one that weighs 1100lbs less

·
Registered
320 Posts
Outback said:
The skids I have ready at this time fit the Front,Oil & trani pan. I am working on the T/C and gas tank skidplates.

Thanks,
are these the black panther skid plates?
or are you from a different company?

how thick are your skid plates and what kinda prices are we looking at?

pm me if you need to :)

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Panman06 said:
So far the only other skid plates on the market are Black Panthers. They're a bit tougher then the Nissan plates.

Kind of scares me if you weren't going that fast. Makes me wonder how stout is the FronT frame.
A bit tougher :roll:

My plates are made out of 3/16" steel the nissan plates are a 1/16". I have multiple bends in my plates to increase strength. The total weight of the nissan plates I believe is about 5-8lbs the total weight for the skids I have ready for the Fronty's are around 75lbs.

A frame is easily dented if you come down hard enough without protection there. A plate will take the blunt of the hit. A pathy owner had a similar result with no plates there for any gliding to occurr.

Thanks,
Marcel

·
Registered
361 Posts
Marcel, what is the shipping from Canada to the US zip 95050 for a complate set. PM me if you would prefer.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
better still, where are you in Canada? I'm in NB a few times a year with my truck. Seems like it would be easier to buy them up there and install them on the spot :twisted:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts