Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the bolts for the OEM skid plate that covers the oil pan is loose. It's the forward driver side point that goes into the frame and it just spins. Does anyone know if the nut that this bolt threads into is welded on the inside of the frame?

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
One of the bolts for the OEM skid plate that covers the oil pan is loose. It's the forward driver side point that goes into the frame and it just spins. Does anyone know if the nut that this bolt threads into is welded on the inside of the frame?
Pretty sure it is. All the bolts for the factory skids go in threaded holes.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Depends on what's stripped. You can't tighten the bolt but can you remove it? I don't think that cross-member is boxed so you could either drill out the nut and run a longer bolt through or see if you can feel up around the backside where the nut would be. I'm pretty sure the factory bolts are long enough to put a second nut on the backside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got the same prob w/ mine, I'm just going to drill the hole a little bigger and weld a nut w/ a collar into it! I've got about 4 of them that have broken loose, going to just do all of them!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I've got the same prob w/ mine, I'm just going to drill the hole a little bigger and weld a nut w/ a collar into it! I've got about 4 of them that have broken loose, going to just do all of them!
Thats what I did with all the skid plate bolts when I made my new skids, up sized the bolts by drilling them out and welding in new nuts. works well if you have the tools, other wise I would just do as the others suggested and through bolt it if you can reach the back side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts