Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced only the glass on one of the sideview mirrors? I had a what I think was a buzzard fly up off the road and slammed into my driver sideview mirror. The mirror glass shattered but there's no damage to the housing and it will adjust normally.

Is it even possible to only replace the glass or am I going to have to replace the entire thing?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced only the glass on one of the sideview mirrors? Is it even possible to only replace the glass or am I going to have to replace the entire thing?
Yes, there is replacement glass available. Do you have a computer, search on Google "replacement mirror glass Nissan frontier" https://www.google.com/search?sclie...ch&q=replacement+mirror+glass+nissan+frontier

You didn't supply your Frontier's year, and I'm not good at mind reader, so you do the rest.

I've silicone-glued such replacement mirrors onto other vehicles, easy. Or a glass shop could cut a piece of mirror glass and glue on for you, had that done about 35 years ago on a VW (was actually $2 then !!!).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there is replacement glass available. Do you have a computer, search on Google "replacement mirror glass Nissan frontier" https://www.google.com/search?sclie...ch&q=replacement+mirror+glass+nissan+frontier

You didn't supply your Frontier's year, and I'm not good at mind reader, so you do the rest.

I've silicone-glued such replacement mirrors onto other vehicles, easy. Or a glass shop could cut a piece of mirror glass and glue on for you, had that done about 35 years ago on a VW (was actually $2 then !!!).

2011 SV 4x4. I made the original post quickly last night and didn't have a chance to look into it more until now. I also trust most folks on here a lot more when it comes to DIY stuff for the Frontier than I do from what I've found just on Google in the past. But, from what I can tell, it looks like I can either just buy new glass and use an adhesive to stick it to the old plastic backing or I can buy the glass and backing and pop it in after pulling the old backing out.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
The plastic backing for the glass pops out very easily. Get a new glass with plastic backing and snap it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts