Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just bought a white '06 Frontier CC SE and am looking for ways to tweak the exterior. I was thinking about adding side window deflectors since I like the look but I was wondering if they actually do anything. Do they decrease wind noise when the windows are open? Do they keep rain from dripping in the cab? Are they purely cosmetic? I'd like to know. Thanks.

Ian

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
They are very nice when it rains. You can have you window down a little and you don't get the inside of the truck wet. I have them and like them. I think they look cool. :D Bug guard on the hood looks real cool too.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Never had vent visors/shades before but now I'm sold on them. They work well...alittle too noisy on the highway for me but great around town and when it's raining.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've got the in-channel style weathertech's. Definetly made the window motors work hard the first couple of days but now they roll up and down like the visors weren't even there. And there's nothing like cracking the window 2" to get a little breeze, in the middle of a rainstorm!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a 05 CC LE. I put them on a week after getting the truck. Never had them before but now I dont want a vehicle without them. Ont he high way they are a little noisy, if you have the window open too much but its nice to have them open a few inches int he rain, especially if the windows are fogging and you dont want to use the fan. I have left my windows cracked many time only to have it rain and no rain ahs ever gotten in, saved my butt many times.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a set for my CC (ERG I think in dark tinit) but I took them off. They work fine, but I didn't like they way they looked on my truck.

I'll sell 'em to whoever wants 'em for $50 shipped (these would be for crewcab) continental US only.

Here's a pic of when I had them on: http://www.jeffleggett.com/gallery/2005NISMO/DSCN0383

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks peeps for the info, I just orderd a 4 window set from WeatherTech.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Markcuda said:
Thanks peeps for the info, I just orderd a 4 window set from WeatherTech.
Cool! They are better than the Ventshade ones which look funny IMO.

By the way, you may notice that the windows sound like they are having a harder timing going up and down...it should go away after awhile...someone posted about that "problem" awhile ago...

Post some pics!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ya, I had a set on my Dodge Ram and for a few days at the top of the window travle, it strained a little.
I got the light tint also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts