Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I haven't posted in a very long while. Been busy at work. Anyway, I was just trying to install the factory side steps on my '08 Crew Cab. I was tightening the nuts onto the factory studs underneath the truck and thought that the clicking I heard was the torque wrench. In fact what I was hearing was the studs breaking off which I found out when I put a little pressure on the bar and the whole thing almost fell off. My question is, can those be fixed and/or welded back on or am I just screwed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dez :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
No you would use those bits to drill into the bolt that is broken off. then flip it over and use the other side of the bit to do the extraction. those kits work great I saved me a a few times since I bought them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI I just put my side steps on and they really dont need to be torqued on with a torque wrench. I know you found it out the hard way, but a good tug after tight will do the trick. Mine havent loosened up at all. You might be able to get it welded back on. Shouldnt be to difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts