Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I installed my 2 inch body lift, I notice a slight vibration on my gas pedal, when I turn the steering wheel.

It feels like what a squeak would sound like. Does that make any sence? I DO NOT hear this vibration at all. I just feel it on the gas pedal.

If Im going strait, no vib.
If i turn I feel it. If im going into a turn.... and you get to the point where you hold the wheel... untill you need to straiten out.... the vib goes away.

I guess it is easier said, if my wheels are activly turning I feel the vib on my pedal. Just having my wheels turned will not cause this vib, just the action of turning.

Any one?

I do have larger wheels. Maybe thats it?
I do have wheel spacers. Maybe thats it?

I only noticed it after the body lift tho.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Do you think the more aggressive tires could be the culprit?
Thems some meaty treads you have for everyday street driving.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think the more aggressive tires could be the culprit?
Thems some meaty treads you have for everyday street driving.
It could very well be! I was thinking maybe the extra weight is straining the system more.... And I "feel" what the tyipical power streering wine that you normal hear.... maybe not quite enough to make it wine... just feel.

IDK?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
..if my wheels are activly turning I feel the vib on my pedal. Just having my wheels turned will not cause this vib, just the action of turning...
^most likley tire rub.

Dunnow why you'd feel it only on the gas pedal since it's drive by wire?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^most likley tire rub.

Dunnow why you'd feel it only on the gas pedal since it's drive by wire?
No man, if i'm going perfectly strait, and I turn the steering wheel 1 inch either way, I feel it. 100% NOT the tires rubbing.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the pedal or the fly by wire... I think there could be something up with the steering and I just so happend to feel it in the gas pedal.

Also I do feel it in the brake pedal too.... but its sooo faint that I would have never noticed it if the gas pedal was doing what its doing.

I only feel my tires when going slow lie under 10mph
Speed has no effect to it. 1mph or 50. Same feel.

I know what your talking about... the knobbies hitting the road. This is deff an inturnal issue. Like the steering pump is over worked, about to fail... something like that.

No doubt that it is coming from steering.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oversize tires/wheels IMO.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
power steering? lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
take your wheels off and make sure all your spacers are tight, i had those tires and put 50,000 miles on them and never had the vib your talkin abt.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
take your wheels off and make sure all your spacers are tight, i had those tires and put 50,000 miles on them and never had the vib your talkin abt.
Thanks for the input! Will do. The other thing I just thought of... I guess I should start by checking power steering fluid.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would be inclined to think its your tires too. Maybe they're just starting to wear a bit now or something, and when you turn its rolling the sidewall onto the bigger lugs a little more, making it vibrate ?!?! And you might feel it less on the brake cause its mounted more securley than the gas pedal. Just my thoughts. But I have never had a body lift or mud tires before so im totally guessing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would be inclined to think its your tires too. Maybe they're just starting to wear a bit now or something, and when you turn its rolling the sidewall onto the bigger lugs a little more, making it vibrate ?!?! And you might feel it less on the brake cause its mounted more securley than the gas pedal. Just my thoughts. But I have never had a body lift or mud tires before so im totally guessing.
Maybe. But I would think if that was it, I would feel it in the steering wheel. Good thinking tho! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
152 Posts
have you adjusted your steering shaft after installing body lift. I had a weird vibration as week after doing my body lift but after I played around with the sterering shaft it went away. The bolt is inside the engine bay, try loosening it and pulling the shaft a tad bit out then tighten. Drive around and see if it helps.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm also going with the tires. Bigger treads do funny things.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
have you adjusted your steering shaft after installing body lift. I had a weird vibration as week after doing my body lift but after I played around with the sterering shaft it went away. The bolt is inside the engine bay, try loosening it and pulling the shaft a tad bit out then tighten. Drive around and see if it helps.
I agree. If you didn't adjust the the steering shaft up the tension would transmit through on the firewall.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I had a similar situation one time and the throttle cable was vibrating on the firewall in the engine bay. just had to pull it back and into a better position and no more vibration in the gas pedal. my guess is you pulled on the throttle cable when doing the BL and its tight and rubbing/vibrating on something on the engine or firewall.

try looking for that.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,147 Posts
^all some good ideas. i've had this issue after rotating my tires when they were worn - could feel it only on turns. someone said i may have a warped rotor - i haven't gotten to the bottom of the problem yet.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Im thinking it is the more aggresive lugs. Slight turning may be putting more of your drive on the outer lugs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Get a friend to ride on the hood and tell you where it's coming from.

Disclaimer: this may not be safe.:)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Get a friend to ride on the hood and tell you where it's coming from.

Disclaimer: this may not be safe.:)
HA! But worth it!

I did the wheel spacers on at the same time as the BL. I think step 1 is remover wheel spacers, and try that. I could see the spacers... Acting like a lever, makeing the steering pump work harder, since the spacers are not helping mechanical advantage at all.

Your thoughts?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.