Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been staring at the side of the plenum for some time now and I have been working on this independent controller for the secondaries, but I am going to make a block off plate and yank them out to see what happens.

I have a strong feeling that we will make some more mid range power, but i won't know until i make it happen

once i have a working prototype - i will post up more about it

here are some pics of the valve in the engine - i think if i remove them, it will help -

it's not a very controlled butterfly.....

eliminating the plate all together is my plan, i think you guys will make more tq down low

·
Registered
269 Posts
tight cant wait to see wat happens

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm pretty excited as well - i'm pretty sure it will help in making power in the lower part of the rpm range, or at least more tq

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
That valve is to shorten or lengthen the intake manifold for better power. How would remove it help?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sweet, butterflies and flowers...my faves.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That valve is to shorten or lengthen the intake manifold for better power. How would remove it help?

since I'm looking at it in conjunction with some other mods, the larger plenum volume down low would make more tq - and with the neck of the throttle comming in at the middle of the plenum, it reduces the pressure on the ends of the plenum - it's not evenly distributed - something that i think a larger plenum will help as well - we won't know until we test it....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mmmm Interesting. Curious to see what it does.../

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
since I'm looking at it in conjunction with some other mods, the larger plenum volume down low would make more tq - and with the neck of the throttle comming in at the middle of the plenum, it reduces the pressure on the ends of the plenum - it's not evenly distributed - something that i think a larger plenum will help as well - we won't know until we test it....
whats with all the medical jargon? hehe

·
Registered
85 Posts
i got bored today and removed the vacume line going to the actuator and pluged it just to see what it would do.. I am going to try and dyno it tonight but i did notice some diffrence.. There is no more dead spot in the power when its pulling.. I wanna say that maybe the tq below 2k might of suffered from this but it feels much more normal than the was it was stock..
I will try to dyno tonight...

Sam

·
Registered
85 Posts
put the truck on the dyno with the hose connected and with it disconnected.. here is the diffrence..
The red line is stock with the hose connected and the blue line is with it disconnected..

notice the diffrence between 2500rpm and 3500rpm

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, here is my theory on this - if you guys disconnect the vacum, you leave the butterfly plate closed, which isn't going help - this above dyno is the result from this -

i am working on making a prototype plate to put in lue of the butterfly - and i will send it to someone who is willing to dyno the component once i'm done with it:)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
well, here is my theory on this - if you guys disconnect the vacum, you leave the butterfly plate closed, which isn't going help - this above dyno is the result from this -

i am working on making a prototype plate to put in lue of the butterfly - and i will send it to someone who is willing to dyno the component once i'm done with it:)
So you are getting rid of the butterfly all together. OK... so the cheap way to do this is to hook it up to constant vacuum. Maybe someone can test that.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There is a reason why it's there.
Before tampering with it you should know how it works.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So you are getting rid of the butterfly all together. OK... so the cheap way to do this is to hook it up to constant vacuum. Maybe someone can test that.

the lesser expensive way would be to cut the plate aout all together - or to not modifiy it and if it works, use the block off plate i plan on making.....which wouldn't be priced any higher then like 50 bucks shipped.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts