Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promiced here are some photos taken of my truck outside the office at work.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,584 Posts

what is that thing on the front of your truck?

·
Registered
602 Posts

what is that thing on the front of your truck?
x2 looks like one of those things people put wheel chairs on:laugh:

pretty sick truck i actually like the contraption on the front it is very uniquie

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
im not gonna lie. that truck is pretty gangster man. hahaha. never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
did you accidentally hit a a light poll and it miraculously bend that way up front?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
looks like it could be some sort of hydraulic contraption... i would say its just an odd looking lightbar, but its got some weird corners on it and i see a thick line leading to the engine bay. maybe a plow hookup?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i think the zip ties are for the rubber hose he is using to run the wires though. at first i thought they were hydraulic lines for something. whatever they are, its also hanging down below the truck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You all are trying hard to figure it out but yes it is made from a Kawaski Mules
Rollcage that was removed from a wrecked rig. The motorcycle shop next door
to my work had it sitting by the recycle bin. I asked if I could have it!
They said sure Take it. It is power coated gloss black underneath the red paint. Originally it was wider and on my 88 ford F250 as a brush guard /lightbar
then when the Nissan came into the picture I had it cut down on the ends to
allow the headlights to be un-obstructed. It is hinged at the bottom and can drop down in the front all the way to the road. this works great when painting
or working on the light wiring. When I put the OEM fog lamps in the bumper holes the old fog lights were removed. you can still see the tabs there were mounted to near the middle bottom. A drunk driver kill my step bumper and
tailgate on 11/30/09 hence the silver tailgate. Purchased for $75 included the OEM bed extender. I have the paint and clear coat to redo it in the granite color. I also replaced the stock argent bumper with a chrome one.
It looks much better in person than in these little photos. But I did Everything myself- 1 person. Even the side graphics - dry mounted.

jake

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
looks like it could be some sort of hydraulic contraption... i would say its just an odd looking lightbar, but its got some weird corners on it and i see a thick line leading to the engine bay. maybe a plow hookup?
I think is for a snow plow, But it hardly snows in Florida. Anyway, more power to him... But not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I think is for a snow plow, But it hardly snows in Florida. Anyway, more power to him... But not my cup of tea.
its for a sand plow then.... you know how those sand drifts can get...

as far as opinion... Ill go with its busy. Some people like it, some dont.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have never had a single complaint on the look of the truck. Kids and teens love it! The tone from the Gibson exhaust is awesome when you drop it out of
OD and ramp it up to about 4500 rpms. If you take note this truck has the
Desert Runner logos and 2nd Gen logos on the bed.

Nissan never made a Crewcab Desert Runner- Or a NISMO off road version in 2003.

Chalk it up to the mother of invention !

jake

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
ok :confused:

to each his own, DEFINITELY different, but as long as you like it ! personally i think there is WAY TOO MUCH going on

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
If you take note this truck has the
Desert Runner logos and 2nd Gen logos on the bed.

Nissan never made a Crewcab Desert Runner- Or a NISMO off road version in 2003.
we know.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts