Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i found out on thursday last week that shrockworks is developing a rear bumper and apparently tire carrier for gen 2 frontiers

the guy i spoke to went on a tangent... i asked about his gen 1 frame stiffeners for the xterra rear tire carrier and for some reason he thought i meant gen 2 and then told me no worries, they were making one for a frontier... i got all excited... then he told me "ohh you ment gen 1, nope they wont fit.. have a nice day"

this may excite some

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yeah I emailed them a few weeks ago and he told me that they hope to release the bumper by the end of the summer. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
They have been saying that it will be out soon for little over a year now.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh first ive her of this

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
They have been saying that it will be out soon for little over a year now.
haha yeah I wanna go with the KMA once I have some spare cash.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This has been their response for well over a year. I've called several times asking for updates. Maybe they are serious this time? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to come out, I really like their products.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
This has been their response for well over a year. I've called several times asking for updates. Maybe they are serious this time? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to come out, I really like their products.
I like there products too but they are way overpriced IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Now this is the first time I have heard of a tire carrier on the bumper. They always said before it was just going to be a replacement bumper only. No tire carrier. No bed side protection.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Now this is the first time I have heard of a tire carrier on the bumper. They always said before it was just going to be a replacement bumper only. No tire carrier. No bed side protection.
they didn't specify when I e-mailed them. Just said they were planning on releasing it late august but we will see.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I talk to their designer a few times on the EXPO and he just kept say no. It would be great if they change their minds about the bedside protection. The tire carrier..ahh

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I talk to their designer a few times on the EXPO and he just kept say no. It would be great if they change their minds about the bedside protection. The tire carrier..ahh
X2 I asked about a rear bumper a month after I joined this forum and it was supposed to be out in a couple of months. Still waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
same story as everyone else......i was told about a shrock rear bumper over two years ago. and oh yeah, it was shrockworks that tolds me about it (i asked when i ordered my front bumper). "hopefully ready in a few months". got tired of waiting. that's why i have a KMA. i hope they do actually make one eventually, they make good stuff. but i'm not holding my breath till they do

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Well, they had told me end of summer too. I just checked their website and saw this:

Frontier Rear Bumper, Nissan Rear Bumpers & Spare Tire Carrier / Rack, ShrockWorks

If you like to play hard in your Nissan Frontier, it's time for some serious protection. You are looking at the best bumper on the market for your Frontier.Don't waste time with a wimpy Stock Bumper.They often cause more damage than they prevent after a hard knock.

I got real excited at first, but it's only for the 1st Gen. Hopefully this means that they are close. This one looks real clean, nice integrated hitch though. Should make the 1st Gen's happy.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
that bumper looks great, now its time for a 2nd gen bumper

the price isn't as bad as I thought

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
yea, real clean and simple. I'd love to use the coupon they sent me to buy one of these if only they had a 2nd gen version

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yea, real clean and simple. I'd love to use the coupon they sent me to buy one of these if only they had a 2nd gen version
Yeah its very simple. The thing is i will need to see extra's before im pulled away from the KMA bumper. Because thats $300 bare. This one you pictured is $483. So i will need to see some steel before i spend that paper haha

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
well i've seen the steel from both. You can't compare a KMA bumber to a shrockworks one. I do like the options KMA offers (led backup lights) on their rear bumbers and there is no doubt that they are solid as a rock, but shrockworks products have much cleaner lines.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
well i've seen the steel from both. You can't compare a KMA bumber to a shrockworks one. I do like the options KMA offers (led backup lights) on their rear bumbers and there is no doubt that they are solid as a rock, but shrockworks products have much cleaner lines.
I will say your right on the money on that one. If Shrock lowered its prices on its front 2nd gen bumper. Id snatch it up in a heart beat.

How has your bumper handled since you've owned it. Like anything you regret. Just wondering ?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
How has your bumper handled since you've owned it. Like anything you regret. Just wondering ?
Dude, that thing is a work of art! no regrets at all. Everything I've bought from them is top quality.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts