Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Here are some photos of my installed shrockworks bumper. Needless to say it requires more than making one cut on the factory seam to install. Apparently the 09 pro4x had minor changes in the dimensions of the valance area. In order to get the bolt holes in the frame brackets and bumper to align it is necessary to make your valance cut 1" ABOVE the factory seam( I had to cut it TWICE) and make recess cuts into the valance for the headlight tubes. You could always order your bumper without the tubes or with the Baja tube only and avoid the extra work. After I e-mailed and explained this to Jim at Shrockworks, he took the pro4x off the web site. So, if you own a pro4x and order a bumper you will need to select
"not a Pro-4X" when ordering.

Thanks,
ploobr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Looks good man, thanks for putting these up. Any side vehicle shots? Curious to how much it sagged the front end. I got a 2.5'' spacer, which almost leveled my truck out, its a tad high in the front. I'm assuming with a shrockworks or ARB, I'm hoping it will sit level.

Good job man!! looks sharp. The approach angle is much better with those. Can't wait to get mine!!

Ohh yeah, it come with a skid? Some use a stop sign, others buy the calmini one.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
looks great to me, strange you had to cut to fit, i don't think the older body style was this way?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the best shot I have right now. I have the PRG 2" spacer in front and the adjustable shackles in back set at 1" lift. I'd say I lost about 3/4 to 1" in front with the extra weight. Stock height to top of wheel well was approx. 35" front and 35.25 rear. Now at 36" front and 36.25" rear. When I first installed the spacer, the front was at 37.25" but settled down to about 37" after a few weeks. So my truck still has that nose down look a little bit but not as bad as stock AND its lifted... more wheel well to tire clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good man, thanks for putting these up. Any side vehicle shots? Curious to how much it sagged the front end. I got a 2.5'' spacer, which almost leveled my truck out, its a tad high in the front. I'm assuming with a shrockworks or ARB, I'm hoping it will sit level.

Good job man!! looks sharp. The approach angle is much better with those. Can't wait to get mine!!

Ohh yeah, it come with a skid? Some use a stop sign, others buy the calmini one.
Yes the skid is included and it is VERY beefy. The oil filter access plate is way better than stock, I can actually get my hand in there!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
This is the best shot I have right now. I have the PRG 2" spacer in front and the adjustable shackles in back set at 1" lift. I'd say I lost about 3/4 to 1" in front with the extra weight. Stock height to top of wheel well was approx. 35" front and 35.25 rear. Now at 36" front and 36.25" rear. When I first installed the spacer, the front was at 37.25" but settled down to about 37" after a few weeks. So my truck still has that nose down look a little bit but not as bad as stock AND its lifted... more wheel well to tire clearance.
I think in the long term, we each will be getting replacement coilovers, as that spring is compressed more and the ride quality might dive after 50k miles or so. I'm also going to go up 1 size when I replace the stock tires.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks great to me, strange you had to cut to fit, i don't think the older body style was this way?
You won't need to do any cuts at all. If your Frontier has a separate chrome bottom bumper ( two piece bumper) then its a simple bolt on. I don't understand why Nissan put the plastic Pathfinder bumper on their "Off Road" model. I waited too ling to buy a Nismo and had to order a Pro-4X instead!!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Plan on getting a Shrock too towards the spring. Good info to know about where to cut. I would've thought it was right along the fake seam but that is not so. Apparently you can order one from Shrock even by clicking the "Pro 4X - Not available" link. At least it lets you add it to your cart.

Oh, good work and good looking truck!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Plan on getting a Shrock too towards the spring. Good info to know about where to cut. I would've thought it was right along the fake seam but that is not so. Apparently you can order one from Shrock even by clicking the "Pro 4X - Not available" link. At least it lets you add it to your cart.

Oh, good work and good looking truck!
Let me know when you do your install and I can send you a bunch of photos if you like. I spent about 5 hrs making the recess cut for the headlight tube. I repeatedly mounted the bumper (about six times) and traced where to cut and removed material until I had at least a .25 space between the valance and tube. If I did it again for a cleaner look, I think I would use a fine hole saw and then make straight cuts downward. I'm still playing with the idea of putting some edging on the valance to give it more of a finished look and cover up a few small wobbles. My first cut on the factory seam looked just that; Factory!! the small curve at that seam hid all the small variances in the cut. Unfortunately I had to cut it again and take another inch off. This is the first cut.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Excellent, thank you. That second cuts looks pretty damn good too. I'll be ordering it with the pre-runner hoop only so I won't have to worry about the additional notches for the headlight guards.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me know how the auto dimming mirror works out. I would love to have an outside temp gauge

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Wow that is a lot and that just from the bumper. Imagine if you added a winch too.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats....when did u order urs? i ordered mine back in Oct and still nuthin
I ordered my bumper on 8-12-09. Received on 12-29-09

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good work ploobr.

Avplayer, March would be a good estimate of delivery time, I ordered mine at the end of June and got it 2nd week of December then I had to wait for the winch and remote. I don't have it on yet, waiting for a free weekend to install. I have an LE and I hope that just cutting at the factory line will work.

Dion

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a shrock on the way and I have a Pro4x but I also have a 3" body lift so My question to you is How much did you cut off the valance?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are those sliders that I see or just step bars? I like the way they look, who makes them?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts