Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is my first post by the way.
I just bought a 2016 SV 4X4 and picked up a Shrockworks bumper today. ( New from a private party, I drove 500 miles to get it and from the looks of it, that 500 miles was well worth the drive! ) I have read, searched, read some more, searched more and to be honest, I am scared to death of cutting up my one piece bumper but have no patients to wait and order a upper bumper cover then getting it painted. I was having a hard time with some of the posts on this because images are not showing up for me most of the time. I was able to see the images in this thread http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/shrockworks-installed-09-pro4x-55338/ but not the BBQ thread by Nomad 13.
Anyway, my questions:

- I do not have any fog lights to put in yet. Will this be a problem installing them at a later time?
- Do I purchase the OEM fog lights for the plastic or metal bumper, which ones fit? ( Shrockworks just says the OEM lights fit but doesn't specify which ones )
- I have seen cut at the seam, 1/2" up and 1" up, which is correct?
- IF I install the bumper without the upper bumper cover, could I install the cover at a later date without removing the bumper? ( giving me time to order one and have it painted but yet still getting the bumper installed now )

And finally, one last question for now.. I will be doing some sort of lift and would just like to know if coil over shocks is the way to go.. just doing a simple 2 inch lift and will keep the factory tire size. I am not going to be doing any serious off roading. The bumper is really to keep the deer out of my front seat.

Thanks all for the great bit of info you have all provided on this forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, not the easiest thing in the world to do. I botched the cut outs for the headlight guards, but with a little bit of time, I'll get it cleaned up. as far as the cut line, I went 1/2 inch and should have gone 3/4" All will be fine with a little trimming and some U Channel. I measured 34" from the ground to the fender before and after.. no drop at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Your notches look better than my notches!

Good Job!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am not happy with it, but will be fixed.
What I did was draw out my "guess" on the size needed to fit and cut it out of some stiff paper to use as a template. Notice it was angled a bit ( Towards the inside to compensate for the angle of the bar ). I just flipped the template over for the opposite side. Where I messed up was on the drivers side. I did not have it lined up exactly so I have a larger inner gap. I plan on re-cutting both notches bigger so the match and then attaching some rubber matting behind it with a slit. This should make it look like it was supposed to be. I will also edge the entire cut with Bushwacker 000040-01 Fender Gimp ( I think ) once i re-cut that bottom edge. I don't think I have enough gap. Its a bit too close.
Anyway, when all said and done, I'll post some up close images.

Oh.. and get rid of that Chrome thing.. YUK LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, finally got the install done. Came out really good. I did decide not to blackout the grill because the grill does not come off without taking the bumper off and well, the factory chrome will last longer and hold up better. So, leaving it.
I wished I would have got some 7" rounds instead of the Aurora 20" light bar. Is what it is. I spent to much money not to use it :)
Also added the Rancho Quicklift kit. Loving it. It raised my front up exactly 2". I am now sitting flat.

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
13,354 Posts
Nice job on the install. I had 7" round PIAA lights for years and they were a pain to keep readjusting, as they always get knocked. Now I have two 2" LEDs there and they are just as bright and easy to keep them pointed where I need them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks great! Where did you get the black u channel trim? I've wanted to do that from the beginning but couldn't seem to find any. Funny, I can remove my grill with the bumper installed.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Very nice ryankaczmarek surprised that Shrock doesn't stick out a little further as the Calmini does on mine so you wouldn't have to cut the bumper fascia a happy medium would be perfect think mine goes to far. Funny like you I found the Calmini up in Joplin MO. But gotta say the best part of getting it was Nugget an me just made a day of it being it was a 600m+ r/t from Dallas and I never went anywhere without him along the way Nugget got to hit every dog park an rest stop we came across he's peed n pooped from Connecticut to Arizona damn I miss him so much he really loved those trips we took these are from when we picked up the bumper I love you an miss you buddy

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for your post! I ordered my Shrockworks back at the end of June, so I appreciate any info I can get on this install. I ordered the Bushwacker tape you recommended as well. I didn't order mine with any of the hoops though, so I imagine my install will be a little easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts