Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some input. I have a chance to get a Shrockworks front bumper for a great price. I have always loved the looks of this bumper and when the timing was right I was planning on getting one, but that originally was a ways down the road - until I stumbled across this deal on craigslist. So I have a couple questions I was wondering if you guys could help me out with to determine if I should go for it!

1) This bumper was purchased in 2005 and installed on a 2005 Frontier. Being that I have a 2016, will there be any issues with mounting this? Were there any changes to the mounting hardware after the Fronty got its face lift in 2009? (I do have an e-mail out to Shrockworks also. But you guys always respond quicker)

2) This bumper comes in at roughly 137lbs, with no winch I think. I have no intention of doing any suspension work anytime soon; how do you guys think the weight of this bumper will play into handling? This is my daily driver, so I would like to keep the ride comfortable. For now I only intend on installing the bumper no winch.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think might dive in front on the stock setup more if you brake hard. I have the Calmini winch bumper and it weighs just around the same. I went the cheap route on suspension OME 2608 hd springs an Bilstein 5100's up front then put on the bumper cause I didnt want that happening. Funny same thing I wasn't planning on buying the front bumper first but it came up on CL like you an it was brand new so I threw some spray on it an left it in the shed for almost a year till I did the spring n shocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think might dive in front on the stock setup more if you brake hard. I have the Calmini winch bumper and it weighs just around the same. I went the cheap route on suspension OME 2608 hd springs an Bilstein 5100's up front then put on the bumper cause I didnt want that happening. Funny same thing I wasn't planning on buying the front bumper first but it came up on CL like you an it was brand new so I threw some spray on it an left it in the shed for almost a year till I did the spring n shocks.
thanks for the input. im leading towards getting it and just having it sit until i can do suspension. just sucks having a cool bumper collecting dust. ha

·
Registered
669 Posts
"just sucks having a cool bumper collecting dust" ain't gonna lie it does FrontierExplorer and I will add it did speed up of my doing the springs an shocks a little to get it on I even brought a Smittybilt X20 10k that I haven't installed yet.
Food for thought think if I was doing it again I would've saved up a little more an went the coil over and upper control arms so I would get a little more drop or even that sweet titan route but now I just cant justify it so guess it'll wait till the bilsteins wear out or I win the lotto.

Hopefully I'd entice you to go get it before someone else snatches it you'll like how it looks once its on. And I know it's criminal with a dirty pickup but it was Feb when I drove up to Joplin MO pickup bumper and I remember it was freakin cold after I put it this is only pic I found an of course after it had rained

Goodluck with the bumper

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts