Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the shrockworks bumper work on an 09? i remember an old thread about this but couldnt find it. i think there was a problem with the bumper being the same piece as the grill. has anyone tried to cut the grill off the bumper to install it?

their webpage used to say 2005-2008, but its changed now to 2005-2009:
Nissan Frontier Winch Bumper Bull Bar

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I think it would work. The grill has a different design but the bumper is still the same design where it meets the plastic strip below the grill.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Since you have a PRO-4X, you are going to have cut your stock bumper in half like this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought i read somewhere that it had to be cut on the 09s. if i take it to a good custom shop, is this something that can be done fairly easily? if the cut is good, does it look ok? like no splintering of the plastic or anything?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
You could also get the top part of the bumper from an SE or LE since they have a two piece bumper.

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
You could also get the top part of the bumper from an SE or LE since they have a two piece bumper.
LE`s are a one piece bumper, like the ProX have now. He needs one from a Nismo or SE. i have heard that there are a couple of additional supports that these models have that my LE doesn`t - though i doubt its a problem as the plastic is so light. I would cut the one-piece bumper and call it a day

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
LE`s are a one piece bumper, like the ProX have now. He needs one from a Nismo or SE. i have heard that there are a couple of additional supports that these models have that my LE doesn`t - though i doubt its a problem as the plastic is so light. I would cut the one-piece bumper and call it a day
the new LEs have a chrome bumper with a plastic piece above just like a SE. He can not use one from a nismo because its a 05-08 bumper. The plastic piece would not fit up with the grill because the 09+ have a newer style.

He could cut his bumper or get teh plastic piece from a 09+ LE or SE

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
F-it. Just get a Iron Bull Bumper and be done with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
never thought about getting a grill from an LE or SE, i assumed they were all the same. i like that idea better. that way i can do it myself and dont take the chance on the cut not coming out straight or looking right.

mike - i think i saw you drive by around lowes by dulles a couple of months ago. i was stuck at a red light and by the time i turned i couldnt find your truck. i wanted to look at the snorkel. if it wasnt you, then there is another one down there that looks like your truck with the lift and snorkel.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
mike - i think i saw you drive by around lowes by dulles a couple of months ago. i was stuck at a red light and by the time i turned i couldnt find your truck. i wanted to look at the snorkel. if it wasnt you, then there is another one down there that looks like your truck with the lift and snorkel.
You in VA? I work in Chantilly so it probably was me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i live in aberdeen, md but work down in va. i just happened to be going out by dulles that day.

one more question - will the bumper and grill being one piece be a problem for a body lift? i was going to get the prg suspension lift and 2" body lift first, then the bumper and winch. but if i need to cut the bumper from the grill to do the body lift, then ill do it when i do the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Not sure on the body lift question, but if you want to buy a brand new upper grille surround (the part you would keep after cutting your stock bumper) you can get them for about $120 from courtesyparts.

62025M in that diagram... Price is here...

Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

I'm not sure what else in that diagram you'd need though. This is what I plan to do when I get around to getting my front bumper. Since you have to get the upper part painted (if you don't cut what you've got) I'd see what a good shop would charge you to put it on and paint the upper.

Side question... Those of you with Shrock bumpers, where did you have them shipped? They say truck freight only so did you have them sent to work or did you have them dropped off at your home?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts