Votes: 24 39.3%
  • no, but would prefer the bumper without backup lights

Votes: 8 13.1%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spoke to Jim at Shrockworks today about buying his new rear bumper, but with a set backup lights mounted in them. The problem is that he can't currently offer the bumper with holes cut of lights in some and not others.

So we talked about the possibility of group buy, and that if there was enough interest in rear bumpers with backup lights installed, then he'd provide them. There would also be some discount on the purchase if we can create a big enough group.

To do this we'd probably need to get at least 10 members in the group. So for now we'll take a poll.

What we need to figure out is if there is enough interest to do a group buy, and if there was a group buy should the bumpers made for the group buy be built with or without cutouts for reverse lights.

1. Would participate in group buy for bumper with backup lights
2. Would participate in group buy for bumber without backup lights
3. Would participate in group buy either way
4. Can't commit to group buy, but would prefer the bumper with backup lights
5. Can't commit to group buy, but would prefer the bumper without backup lights

Look forward to the results

Shrockworks Nissan Frontier Rear Bumper, without reverse lightshttp://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Frontier-Rear-Bumper-pr-16257.htmlhttp://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Frontier-Rear-Bumper-pr-16257.html

Example of Shrockworks rear bumper with reverse lights

So, the issue is not whether he can do it, the issue is will more people buy bumper with lights, or without lights.

Click here for more information the bumpers

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
ok no bashing here....i love shrock products. but would this group buy in effect significantly reduce the lead time?

since they would already have one big order of steel, powdercoating, etc?

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
Since I have read of hugely unreasonable wait times I personally wouldn't buy anything from them and believe I'm not alone.
My truck was ordered, built, delivered and driven for almost two months while some people still haven't received their bumpers on order.
But that's just me as I tell it like it is.

Clint

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
some people just never give up on bashing this company... :roll:

let it go... that other thread was closed... this is for GB stuff only, not your opinions on the company

jim is an awesome guy and he makes great products, so what if he has a lead time that in MOST cases is reasonable ( i only know of 2 people that are past resonable), you will be more then satisfied :)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok no bashing here....i love shrock products. but would this group buy in effect significantly reduce the lead time?

since they would already have one big order of steel, powdercoating, etc?
What I can tell you is that they are aware of the lead time issue and working on a long term solution. That being said it propbably will not affect this group buy, since this will add to the backlog not take away. They do build on a FIFO (first in first out) basis, so we will presumably get in that line.

Hopefully 10 or more units will get some priority, but we'll let Jim address that himself.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
thanks big dog for your efforts.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would be interested with a reasonable wait time.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
one more question, but i dont see it. does the prototype bumper pictured on their website show the cutout for the 7 pin connector?

maybe a better question for jim

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
It Is A Proto And They Will Have A Cutout According To The Info Given

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I'm in. Have cash in hand and a place to have it shipped to. Backup lights please.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If they got it to me faster than they are getting me my front bumper, I would be interested, depending on price.

Good thinking, Avplayer.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'd be far more interesting if they would allow me to pay 50% up front and then subtract 10% for every month longer than 3 months. I can be patient for 3 months, but after that, I subtract $$$.

So...say the price is $700. I pay $350 up front and if it is delivered within 3 months of the order date....i pay another $350. If it's 4 months from order date, I subtract 10% off the purchase price of $700, so since i paid $350 already, I then pay $280. Etc....etc.

He'd never do this, because he's a terrible businessman building an awesome product (yes, that is possible....terrible businessman + awesome product).

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I'd be far more interesting if they would allow me to pay 50% up front and then subtract 10% for every month longer than 3 months. I can be patient for 3 months, but after that, I subtract $$$.

So...say the price is $700. I pay $350 up front and if it is delivered within 3 months of the order date....i pay another $350. If it's 4 months from order date, I subtract 10% off the purchase price of $700, so since i paid $350 already, I then pay $280. Etc....etc.

He'd never do this, because he's a terrible businessman building an awesome product (yes, that is possible....terrible businessman + awesome product).
I think your onto something

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Guys stop sh*ting all over bigdog threads.

If you can't live with the wait then don't buy it but there is no need to f^ck up his group buy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No body is f*cking up this group buy, they are answering the question at hand, if they would be interested.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
i think since ur talkin to jim about modifyin the current bumper, maybe addin some side protection?
^+1.. I do need a better rear bumper; side protection I want(will help cover the dent I got when I bent the stock bumper).
Wouldn't be cool to pay that kinda scratch + wait 4 mos. just to have it modded after delivery even though I am a fan of Shrock stuff.

Thanks Bigdog for looking into this too!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I am in. With the added lights! Cash in hand. Any improvement on lead time is always a bonus! PM me if this goes live. Thanks for setting it up man.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
my bumper was worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts