Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bob- did you have to trim the front bump stops? If not how much space before it makes contact? How was the ride with the original 5" drop? Your setup looks great but i want to make mines alittle lower..
Sorry for the delay...yes, you have to trim down the front bump stops. I leveled them of at about 1/2" from the control arm mounting point with a sawsall. With the full 5" drop and 1 1/2" recommended shackles, I had slight rubbing on the top of the rear wheel well. on off camber driveways, etc. I'm Old and hate rubbing...LOL...so I did my hybrid set up. If you used a lower profile tire or modded the top of the wheel well, you'd be good. Trial and error.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for the delay...yes, you have to trim down the front bump stops. I leveled them of at about 1/2" from the control arm mounting point with a sawsall. With the full 5" drop and 1 1/2" recommended shackles, I had slight rubbing on the top of the rear wheel well. on off camber driveways, etc. I'm Old and hate rubbing...LOL...so I did my hybrid set up. If you used a lower profile tire or modded the top of the wheel well, you'd be good. Trial and error.
Thanks for the reply.... how much ground clearance do you have on your oil pan n trans pan?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the reply.... how much ground clearance do you have on your oil pan n trans pan?
Quite a bit...I can check better tomorrow. Not even close enough that I gave ir a second look...but I'll check for you.

Reactions: Notx
41 - 43 of 43 Posts