Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is nothing cooler on the face of the earth than a dropped truck, maybe I missed the thread when I searched, but I sure would like to see some...

Reactions: bearman1216

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<insert embarrassed yellow faced little dude here> Sometimes I can look right at something & not see it. Thanx!

And I wonder why there aren’t? Damn, I love lowered trucks:love:

Reactions: bearman1216

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's just not popular I guess? Having a Frontier, period is kinda aggravating in that so many parts are not available as there are for others. I don't have an interest in off reading or camping, so I don't need the temptation of 4WD. So since it's 2WD, why not make it handle nice & not have all the gap?

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Agreed. But once my factory leaf springs inverted into a W shape due to cargo weight/etc, I chose to replace them w/ heavier duty units which resulted in a meager 1.5" lift. Then, I felt the need to lift the front 1.5" for leveling purposes. I'm not overjoyed about all this, but will say my work truck (WT) is more capable and actually has a better, if acceptably firmer ride & handling overall.

IFF there was a cost effective way to lower my truck and maintain the above capabilities, I'd rather have gone down that avenue. But, it is what it is.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just not popular I guess? Having a Frontier, period is kinda aggravating in that so many parts are not available as there are for others. I don't have an interest in off reading or camping, so I don't need the temptation of 4WD. So since it's 2WD, why not make it handle nice & not have all the gap?
This is so true, and like you said, aggravating!

I love camping/exploring/off-roading so mine is getting set up for such. But that doesn’t stop me from lusting after slammed trucks.

Reactions: HeavyDuty

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've had a Sh*tload of Lowered Trucks...Datsun, Chevrolet's and even an Isuzu Pup ('86). Some easy and some not. Pup was easiest with torsion bars and blocks. Not much for the Frontiers, until I found this. Trying to do research now. 2005-2019 Frontier 3"-5" Lowering Kit Drop Struts Lowering Struts Axle Flip Kit | eBay
I found the same one and doing some research as well, Talking to Chris from Nisstec to see if we can build a coil over for my 2nd gen Frontier 2WD He did a awesome job with my 4WD Frontier Lift so we will see if can work on my lowered D40.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I found the same one and doing some research as well, Talking to Chris from Nisstec to see if we can build a coil over for my 2nd gen Frontier 2WD He did a awesome job with my 4WD Frontier Lift so we will see if can work on my lowered D40.
Could you keep us updated on this ? Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
630 Posts
So went down to Nisstec today to see Chris some really good news. Talked for few hours and put my truck up in the air just to make sure everything will work. So I will be working with him next month and try to take as much pictures and information as I can. Chris might make a lowering kit for us and put into production but we have to make sure everything will work. Like I said I love Chris and Nisstec I am the parts manager at Boulder Nissan and we have worked with Chris a long time but only lifting Frontier,Xterra and Titans but this project will be fun. I can’t say what we are going to do yet without Chris permission. But I will keep you guys up dated. If you guys want I will posting pictures and information on my IG at war_machinez

·
Registered
379 Posts
Only thing is the crew cabs dont have lowering kits.. Ive been looking for my 2000?
Do you have torsion bars in the front or is that the older models ? I had an Izuzu that I cranked down the torsion bars and put 2" blocks in the rear.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm surprised at the lack of aftermarket for the frontier. Seems quite strange as its had the same base to work from for many years.

I had a lowered heavily modified Gen 1 lightning for some time. Moved cross country in it. That was an epic adventure.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
So went down to Nisstec today to see Chris some really good news. Talked for few hours and put my truck up in the air just to make sure everything will work. So I will be working with him next month and try to take as much pictures and information as I can. Chris might make a lowering kit for us and put into production but we have to make sure everything will work. Like I said I love Chris and Nisstec I am the parts manager at Boulder Nissan and we have worked with Chris a long time but only lifting Frontier,Xterra and Titans but this project will be fun. I can’t say what we are going to do yet without Chris permission. But I will keep you guys up dated. If you guys want I will posting pictures and information on my IG at war_machinez View attachment 312880 View attachment 312881
Nice touch with flat black on hood, grill and bug shield! Nice looking truck!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Do you have torsion bars in the front or is that the older models ? I had an Izuzu that I cranked down the torsion bars and put 2" blocks in the rear.
Love to lift and drops car&trucks here is my Hard body relo-spring with torsion drop with 2" drop spindles and pathfinder fenders also had 1963 Impala SS

·
Registered
2012 Pro-4x CC
30 Posts

Not a Frontier, but my old 95 Hardbody V6 street truck I used to pick on Mustangs and Camaro's with. Spindles and torsions up front with Toxic shocks. Custom leafs in rear with I believe 1 1/2" angled blocks, and air shocks with on board compressor. 17" Lexus GX 470 wheels. V6 Auto with some engine mods. Funny thing about this picture, the exhaust sticking out the back was just a prop, exhaust dumped under bed.

Sorry only had these two angled pics on my phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As builder/owner of one of the few lowered, little less bagged, I can tell you that there is basically no vehicle specific parts to support lowering this truck. It also took a decent amount of alteration/fabrication to maintain proper alignment and clearances. Check out my build page on here if interested. I’ll be starting a new build thread soon on a 4dr to be the new daily.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts