Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been living in this place for 13 years with only an open carport (and an enclosed “apartment”space -studio sized- at the rear) and it’s driving me insane. My sh!t has rusted & rotted over the years due to sideways rain & I’m gonna blow a vein if I don’t get this thing enclosed and get rid of a bunch o’ crap.

So I’m needing some visual motivation. Got a bitchin space to work on your truck & have your man crap? Mind showing it?

Cool, space saving ideas... man-cave sh!t... fab stations... storage solutions... beer & entertainment... guitar & amp set ups... art studio spaces... tricked out or roughed up, I wanna see ‘em.

Thanks (in advance) for sharing.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout :cool:. Thanx!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
My post (in my build thread, funny enough) where I had recently gotten injured so I utilized the downtime to finish up my shop/garage space. Ever since finishing this my work flow had gone so much smoother and projects get finished with hardly and hiccups...

Quick preview (but I'd check out the post for the full glorious view 😝):

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for linking it here! I had forgotten where I had seen this. I’m still so new here & trying to remember where I’ve seen things, & I’m on an awkward iPad & I’m old so online navigation doesn’t really come naturally to me :rolleyes:...

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. Andy... dude... more shots o’ that huge a$$ space, please!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
It's not a Silvia unless it's RHD and it was sold in Japan. All U.S. left hand drive models were "240SX" only for both S13 and S14.

This from the dude that has a Navara emblem on tailgate of his Frontier, so IT DOESN'T MATTER LOL

Seriously though. If it came with a KA it was nowhere near what a real Silvia was.

Sorry, it's Friday.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's not a Silvia unless it's RHD and it was sold in Japan. All U.S. left hand drive models were "240SX" only for both S13 and S14.

This from the dude that has a Navara emblem on tailgate of his Frontier, so IT DOESN'T MATTER LOL

Seriously though. If it came with a KA it was nowhere near what a real Silvia was.

Sorry, it's Friday.
Silvia just rolls off the tongue (and keyboard) so much easier than 240sx :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll have to remember to take a picture once I get mine cleaned up. It's a 2 stall, but I've only had one vehicle until I got the Frontier, so I got lazy and allowed junk to accumulate on one side.

I feel your pain on the carport though. I had one at my old apartment, and it was useless. I was on the end, so my car would end up with a snow and ice sheet covering one side. It didn't help that my neighbor squeezed a Suburban next to me, so half the time I was barely under the roof anyway.

The worst place I ever had to park was at my parents old house, which was in the woods. Between the tree sap and the birds, my paint was never clean. But that didn't matter because all the horizontal surfaces were covered in tiny dents from all the acorns. And don't even get me started on the mice!

I never realized how much protection a garage offered until I had one of my own though. It stops or slows much of the cosmetic wear and tear on the exterior of the vehicle.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah... my street (dirt/gravel) serves as a boundary of the Siuslaw Nat’l Forest. It’s a rain forest. I park on the street because my carport is full of crap (construction material/scrap bits/work benches/cabinets left over from my photo studio/pressure washer/darkroom sink/etc.... I gotta get rid of some sh!t, lemme tell ya... hence this thread.

Visual motivation!

I can promise that your “accumulation” is much less than mine, so post away, please!

I need to see shop/work/creative spaces without looking through HGTV magazines & such.

Andy... please show some more barn, dude. That place looks bitchin!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Mine

·
Registered
252 Posts
Finally managed to get the garage cleaned out enough to where I could get both vehicles in.

It's kind of crazy how inaccurate this picture is. I'm guessing it's that thing where camera phones make your nose look bigger or whatever, but the perspective is really skewed. It makes the garage look way larger than it is, and makes the Frontier and the Forte look much closer in size.

In reality, the Frontier is significantly larger, there's barely enough room between the two to open either door to the first detent, and the side mirrors were only about an inch away from the garage door frame when I pulled them in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine is now in "useless winter mode" There is four and a half tons of pellets stacked on three pallets, with just enough room to walk behind to get to the benches and storage shelves, table saw, etc... Generators, two push mowers. Riding mower would be in the middle, but I loaded it and the sweeper yesterday, for today's leaf removal adventures elsewhere. With it and my truck in there, their is only room enough to get the drivers door open if I back in, which I do anyway. I cannot persuade the Mrs. to back in. YOU try to tell a female to back in a garage, go ahead, I dare you!

If I pull in until the bottom of the pallet is even with the edge of the camera, I have about four inches to the garage door when it closes. Fine by me, a miss is a miss. If I forget my remote in the truck, I have to unlock the side door and do a vertical Limbo around stuff. I can and will free up some more space, by bringing summer tires and other things to the loft, but right now I have been doing the fall thing, clearing low and fallen branches, undergrowth and bush hoggin' around the perimeter.
004.jpg
003.jpg 005.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts