Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim is the man!!!

After searching high and low for a set of bed racks to go over my 2010 P4X with a Softopper and coming up short with everyone and their mother making something for the Tacomas and not for our Nissans, I was able to connect with Tim during his group buy and we got to discussing about how I needed a custom sized one so I can carry my rooftop tent without having to bring my trailer along.

After a few months of emails, pictures, measurements, eyeballing, and taking educated guesses.... Heavy Metal...... hit...... it....... out.... of..... the.... park!!!!

Will be painting it with Duplicolor Truck Bed coating and shimming the softopper out slightly so there's actually only a inch to an inch and a half gap on all sides between the fabric and the bars.

some pictures of the test fitting....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the exact same setup and I'm trying to find a solution to mount an awning and, possibly, a roof basket for more capacity. How much did that run you if you dont mind me asking? I dont have a roof rack either and I'm not sure if I should go for a roof rack or a bed rack like this. I LOOOOOVE my softopper, got it for $150 because it had holes cut into the canvas from the original owner having a ladder rack mounted through it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Pretty Nifty! and has a rugged kind of look to it, I kinda liked the bare metal look.. went good with your wheels, in the pics anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts