Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Nissan Frontier XE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

I was curious what y'all's opinion would be on me doing a restoration on my truck. Not a Concours resto.... But touch up the paint and plastic, do a thorough cleaning, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Need way more info to assess.. what kind of condition is eng/trans in? any major body damage? How’s the interior? Etc..

i mean if it’s a straight beater with 300k and falling apart and you’re going to drop 5g’s in it you might be able to find something much better for the same amount (or slightly a little more).

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a boob-job.

What's y'all's opinion?

Reactions: CharTech

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hey y'all!

I was curious what y'all's opinion would be on me doing a restoration on my truck. Not a Concours resto.... But touch up the paint and plastic, do a thorough cleaning, etc.

Thanks!
Will it cost more to restore than the truck is worth? Cheaper than buying a new or used truck? Good mechanical condition? Frame in good shape?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m thinking oh having my 98 repainted, My paint is peeling really bad. No rust, 220,000 miles. Interior is still in good shape. Runs well but did have a check engine light come on recently. Not my daily driver but had the truck a long time and I like to drive it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Of course you should clean it up some. I see your sig says your from va, so its probably not a rust bucket. My truck was a florida vehicle so all the plastic trim was faded and chalky. So I pulled off the front bumper cover, the hood cowl, the fender flares and the rear bumper pads (which were all very easy to remove) and painted with duplicolor bumper and trim paint as suggested by other members, because the color looks more correct than off the shelf flat black. I also hand waxed the body which was alot easier with the fender flares removed. I wouldnt call it restored but what a difference it made. Have some pride in your ride, you wont regret it. 20200210_172726.jpg 20200210_172646 (1).jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts