Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I do all my tire stuff at Costco. My 2009 NIssan Maxima has one or more TPMS sensors die due to battery. No worries, give Costco $250 and they will change them all out. Today I found out at Costco that the sensor for my car is no longer being manufactured. I must find another solution which probably means the dealer and probably $500.

The message is the long term support for these sensors is not what you would expect from a mission critical item. Digging deeper, these sensors are just a PITA so we should learn to live with the yellow icon.
The major caveats are if the sensors are 315MHz or 432MHz, and if they transmit a protocol that the vehicle can understand.

When I replaced my TPMS sensors because I switched from alloy wheels to steel, I went with ACDelco TPMS175K sensors, doing the set-the-tire-pressure method of learning the sensors into the truck. These are multibrand sensors for 315MHz applications, which work just fine with Nissan's expectations. I did not use a programmer tool specifically because I wasn't sure if those would lock the sensors into only Nissan's protocol, and I may at some point add a receiver/display that uses a 315MHz Ford protocol (which these also transmit) in order to show actual readings.

These sensors were something like $32 each from Rockauto.

Still on my original 2014 sensors, except one was replaced 2 years ago - only because the tire machine decided to "bump into it" and break one. LOL

That said - 2018 is wayyyy too early to be thinking about TPMS replacement.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.