Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with nwfrontier.com today and I am debating if I should reopen the site or not. Is there any real interest in a regional Northwest Board? Several people joined up at the start then the hit count went to zero pretty quick.

Is anybody interested in helping me recreate the site? The site is sitting on a good solid web host with lots of disk space and more than enough bandwidth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say open it. and here are a few tips.

Keep it light. make it a nice place to chit chat, but not some overly large drawn out forum like all the others out there. small is good.

also dont try to make money off running the forum. that will kill it almost instantly. people want a place to talk to buds and do meets / events. not a place to check out who has the flashier banner ad this week.

and lastly. filter who joins. dont let just anyone join up. make sure they own a frontier. or at the very least "a truck".

the last car club / forum i was a part of started off really great with a nice small group of chatters and then once the ads came, and it got big. too many people joined and nobody knew each other, and it just went to hell real quick. thats why im offering these tips.

peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
i do not agree with you.

let anyone who wants to join. single someone out because they dont have a truck or a frontier. its like hey, i like these trucks and i want some info on them. but the forum that has some awesome info wont let me join because the dmv check showed that i dont drive a nissan truck. i hate this forum now and im going to go drive a chevy.

you a red dragon?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sure, i wouldnt mind something local. I would open it to Xterras too since we are cousins. Maybe all Nissan offroaders?

·
Registered
770 Posts
checked out the site before, from the nw-i believe thats my area. would like to see something about locations of different degrees of off roading locations and what to expect or what some might recommend you need to attempt certain trail or what not.

even for this site it would be cool to have a area people could post locations, pictures, what to expect for others.

also checked out different nissan/frontier sites and gotta say it would be hard to out beat this one - not that thats what your going for?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I am not in your area but I am a officers of one of the oldest and largest Nissan off road club. I total agree with SUPERMAC. You have to filter who can join to keep the club pure and alive.
Just give it some time.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Im in, hopefully people will sack up and take their vehicles wheeling. I swear its incredibly hard to get a meet goin in the NW.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Im in, hopefully people will sack up and take their vehicles wheeling. I swear its incredibly hard to get a meet goin in the NW.
i agree i tired months back and i think nick was the only one willing.

i say open it. ill be willing to help and be a tech person or whatever.

a live chat room would be killer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey me and the wife are totally up for some wheelin. my truck is bone stock right now so no narly trails for me, but im down to go check out whatever.

I love doing meets and hanging out.

chris

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Hey me and the wife are totally up for some wheelin. my truck is bone stock right now so no narly trails for me, but im down to go check out whatever.

I love doing meets and hanging out.

chris
where are you located

·
Registered
850 Posts
Registered just to represent....
I would say if you can gather a hundred or so fairly quickly and keep the numbers increasing - keep it up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay thanks for the support guys...

Here is what I am going to do, this Sunday I am going to come up with a light format that has the following features...

1) Live Chat
2) Forums
3) File Mgmt for owners manuals wirteups etc
4) Photo gallery that supports pics and vids

I can promise no ads and I have plenty of disk space so people uploading pics and videos isn't a problem and I have a ton of bandwidth.

What I need is some people to help me run it and participate. The last iteration me and XE King were mostly talking to ourselves.

Also I think I that I want to open it up to all Nissans because the more the better.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know I want to form a good regional board because I think it is something that is sorely needed and like Kamikaze said it is hard to get runs together.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I feel it, Ill help with anything im able to contribute. And i agree on the all nissans idea cause theres alot of bad *** xterras that are down to roll on wheelin trips. As far as runs ill tell everyone when i get back state side and ioll try and get something together. Im trying to get it so i have all my titan swap parts being delivered within a few days of me getting back, then its game time.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
:hi: Any time ya wanna tag along...we're out some times twice a month, often on overnight runs.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
:hi: Any time ya wanna tag along...we're out some times twice a month, often on overnight runs.
Im down Where do you guys usualy go, evans creek, tahooya, elbe?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Im down Where do you guys usualy go, evans creek, tahooya, elbe?
Havent been to elbe yet, I think its to nasty if you like straight sheet metal. We havent been to evan creek but will soon, naches, liberty, LT Murry, have been our stomping grounds for years, we are shooting to try out several new places this year. We were at tahuya last weekend, forgot how boring that place is. And Im (hopefuly) going to moab again this year!!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
You guys know I'm always down to wheel... I tried to log into nwfrontier and it was down.. Then when it came back up, My info was gone.. guess I need to re-register.. I am willing to go get the truck in the mud anytime guys... I got really burnt out on here for a while... Im trying but I dont spend that much time online unless its on my new phone... Email me @ [email protected] if you want to do something... I have tickets to the auto show if anyone wants to join me... Its for the 28th to the 31st i think.... Need to email me if you want to go though..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys know I'm always down to wheel... I tried to log into nwfrontier and it was down.. Then when it came back up, My info was gone.. guess I need to re-register.. I am willing to go get the truck in the mud anytime guys... I got really burnt out on here for a while... Im trying but I dont spend that much time online unless its on my new phone... Email me @ [email protected] if you want to do something... I have tickets to the auto show if anyone wants to join me... Its for the 28th to the 31st i think.... Need to email me if you want to go though..
Sorry about that I had to move the site off of my server at home and then again when the first webhost I tried was really shaky. When I moved the site the second time something went very wrong and I messed up the sites database. I had alot of other issues going on and all of the posts were old so I decided to wipe it and start from scratch again. The site is on a good webhost where I plan to keep it and I am backing it up regularly to prevent this from happening again. I am glad you are still around...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts