Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I'm contemplating modifying a few things on my truck. I'm interested in a few suspension upgrades / lift, an intake, radiator (I've avoided SMOD so far), and maybe some cosmetic things as well. Should I put that money into a 10 year old truck or save it for when I hope to buy another Frontier in a few years? Should I modify and plan on keeping the truck a bit longer? I really haven't had many problems with it so it might last. I'm asking because I trust y'all's judgement. Lemme know your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
The way I look at some of this stuff is just maintenance. You suspension bits should probably be replaced by now. I would also be judicious about what I up grade and how much value is added and if it can we reversible when it comes time to sell.

At this point you probably dodge a transmission ending bullet. But change that radiator anyway. Airbox is a waste IMO. Do a few more creature comfort stuff like a headunit with blue tooth.

Personally I am going to drive my truck till the wheels fall off so I mod everything.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
A tuner will add a lot more performance than a CAI kit. The XPS plenum spacer is another nice piece for performance.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
The answer is .... it depends.
What do you want to do with your truck that you can't do now? Is the lift for looks and/or larger tires? If so go for it, if it makes you happy. Any plans to start off-roading? Very different type of lift.
Definitely do the radiator SMOD upgrade ..... you may not have dodged that bullet .... lots of reports of the pink milkshake on trucks with more miles than yours
I believe on enjoying the vehicle that I am currently driving as much as I can .... letting the next vehicle take care of itself, whenever that happens. I have modded the daylights out of my truck and love it! Actually have more mods planned.

I might be misreading your post but it sounds to me like you may want more from your current Fronty? If so go for it!

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
A tuner will add a lot more performance than a CAI kit. The XPS plenum spacer is another nice piece for performance.
how does the plenum spacer affect your torque curve?
Old school carb engines a spacer would raise the RPM where the torque peaked.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
The torque curve is moved (left) toward lower RPMs.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
They have dyno charts for the plenum spacer at Extreme Performance's site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are all great replies. I'll research the plenum spacers, but the tuner is probably out of my budget for right now. I'm not into wheeling and I'm not towing anything other than the occasional single axle with furniture on it. Like bhowdy said, I just want to enjoy it while driving! Thank you all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts