Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy says he wants only $100 for it and it is complete other than the brake system. The spider gears are shot and I don't believe I care about them or the gearing as I will be dropping a TT and Superior 4.56s in there...Anything I should be aware of or inquire about ahead of agreeing to buy it?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I think that's sheep even if you're just getting a housing.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
That sounds like a good price but missing the calipers and stuff makes it a little hard since those parts are not usually sold used or atleast they are a little hard to find.

Also, all Titan diffs have the 4 bolt U-joint while most 2wd Frontiers have the 6 bolt CV style joint.

·
Registered
161 Posts
thanks for the response. so the bolt pattern on the axles are changed i see. and it has a electronic locker like the nismo frontier?

·
Registered
161 Posts
the titans have an M226, so do some of the frontiers. it can be regeared and you can put a locker in it. I think just the titan Pro-4x had a locker in it, but don't quote me on that.
humm so they have the same m226 as the nismo frontiers? wow dident know that. so the titan is just another alternative for a m226 diff with differant axels

·
Registered
161 Posts
your SE is it a 6 speed CC? if it is then you have M226 also.
my SE is a auto dude, it has the c200k axle. i hear people breaking the m226 so easily it scars me to get one, but then the c200k really lacks a limited slip unit i really need one, sick of getting stuck. im going to do the vent mod maybe this week hopefully

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Poeple don't get back a put on the bored I didn't brake my axle today. There are 2 main things that are killing the M226. They are braking them the same way they are brake the front difs, They are in sand, mud or doing a hill climb and there wheels start to spin and they just keep on the gas and they will grad traction and **** there gears. Or they are bending the housing because they are not torgueing the bolts down to the right spec or in the right order when they swap out there leaf brings or install blocks.

there are some that are die because they are just bad.. not everything can be perfect. Or some are bending from jumping with out adding a truss.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Poeple don't get back a put on the bored I didn't brake my axle today. There are 2 main things that are killing the M226. They are braking them the same way they are brake the front difs, They are in sand, mud or doing a hill climb and there wheels start to spin and they just keep on the gas and they will grad traction and **** there gears. Or they are bending the housing because they are not torgueing the bolts down to the right spec or in the right order when they swap out there leaf brings or install blocks.

there are some that are die because they are just bad.. not everything can be perfect. Or some are bending from jumping with out adding a truss.
i understand, you can break lots of diffs that same way not only a m226. seems being more careful would do the trick, i really appreciate the info, i find it very helpful. i will see if i can find me a limited slip diff unit atleast, was really hoping on the 350z unit but i guess those cars use different length axles on each end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.