Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have noticed when I am washing the wheels and tires, there is no inner splash shield for the "front" rear wheel well....

its just an open bed panel.... with rain and snow/ salt.... should i be worried about pre-mature rusting ???

just bought her new, so she has to last me a while !!!

haha

thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a good idea, i may need to look into that.....
any reason why nissan doesnt have any protection there ?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
It costs money that most people wouldn't even see the reason. Also, I am pretty sure all trucks are this way so its not a new thing.

It may be beneficial for you to also spray the bottom of your cab and other areas in which rust can form. It make take a bit of time to mask off the areas and prep and everything but may be worth it in the end. Also, it would help cut down on road noise in the cab and if you ever get an exhaust, it would make sure the sound is kept outside.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^I know i need to spray my fenderwells again. They came sprayed from my dealership back in Deland. But as of late some of it has been coming off. Those idea's about spraying underneath the cab is a good idea. So im going to look into getting this done as a weekend project.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Only thing you have to worry about is that you don't get overspray on everything (thats why a roll on application is nice) but if you put it on too thick and don't do enough prep work, its going to flake. Also, it adds weight so if you are building a racer, it may not be worth it, lol.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Wizard had one on his 05 Nismo and drove on the beaches of Hawaii all the time and swore that it worked. He had nice pics to prove it thou but the cost is a bit much. It would be something to research before shooting it down thou.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts