Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So truck makes squeaky mattress sound over potholes and when turning but to the one side if I turn to the other side squeaking noise completely stops. Thinking it could be this:

anyone do this repair before or had a similar situation?

Your feed back is appreciated ::grin::::grin::

Does the 2013 frontier have sway bar links similar to this in the video?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Found this while researching my squeaking problem. I just ordered a set of end links and bushing for my 2011 and hope that it fixes my problem. I'll post back once they come in and are installed

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a similar issue. Yes let us know

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine has been hard to diagnose because it seems to come and go. It doesn't necessarily happen when I'm hitting bumps though or even just around turns but off camber types of situations and sometimes when recovering from a turn. Hopefully the parts come in by this weekend so I can get after it, it looks like a simple job

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
I had to unbolt mine when replacing the struts and the threads were gone under the bolt so it wasn't as tight as it once was. I added a nut behind the original so I could tighten it to use the truck while waiting for new parts. Bought new ones from rock auto and all was perfect again. Beck Arnley is the OEM supplier on their site.

Clint

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
The end links are cheap and yes, they do make noise when they let go. As Clint mentioned, sometimes a few threads can strip and then it isn't quite as tight as new; I had this happen to a new endlink.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I tried to change mine over the weekend and couldn't get the bolts loose, it feels like I am going to snap the head off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the squeaky bed mattress sound that only begins after a little bit of driving (about half way into my 6 mile commute). I just check my sway bar links and they look good. Truck has 35K miles.

The only time I was able to self induce the sound was parking after a long drive, then pushing on front right area of the truck. It stopped squeaking after three pushes. I don't know what's causing the sounds but, its not getting any worse so far.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the squeaky bed mattress sound that only begins after a little bit of driving (about half way into my 6 mile commute). I just check my sway bar links and they look good. Truck has 35K miles.

The only time I was able to self induce the sound was parking after a long drive, then pushing on front right area of the truck. It stopped squeaking after three pushes. I don't know what's causing the sounds but, its not getting any worse so far.
It sounds like you have a similar problem to what I have. I haven't been able to swap my links yet but will as soon as I get a little time and find my pipe to extend my breaker bar. It's really hard to replicate the noise, it seems to only make it when going around off camber turns but sometimes just does it randomly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts