Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Short Shifter for 6-spd

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mrgrayaz 
#1 ·
Since the Frontier and 350Z supposedly share their manual trans, I'm assuming that a shifer made for a Z would fit the Frontier. Has anyone tried this mod or does everyone like the stock shifter travel?

#2 ·
I love the 6-speed in my 06, But the short-shifter sounds sweet, Id say their a few parts you could swipe off a 350Z tranny and make it the same, I could be wrong and like you would love to know. Great ?

#3 ·
I just emailed a few places FIDANZA ENGINEERING CORPORATION and 350ZEVO.com inquiring about a shifter for our Frontier 6-speeds, as soon as I hear from them Ill let you know, I also emailed URD they make a short-shifter for the 05/06 Tacomas and they said, not as of yet?

#5 ·
I didnt email B&M because I couldnt find their website and so far no one has responded to any of my mail. Its gonna rain tomorrow, so Ill make some phone calls.

#7 ·
AEI_Hauler said:
Since the Frontier and 350Z supposedly share their manual trans, I'm assuming that a shifer made for a Z would fit the Frontier. Has anyone tried this mod or does everyone like the stock shifter travel?
Would we need arangatang arms to reach the shifter? :lol:

I'm up for a shorter throw....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.