Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Frontier and 350Z supposedly share their manual trans, I'm assuming that a shifer made for a Z would fit the Frontier. Has anyone tried this mod or does everyone like the stock shifter travel?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love the 6-speed in my 06, But the short-shifter sounds sweet, Id say their a few parts you could swipe off a 350Z tranny and make it the same, I could be wrong and like you would love to know. Great ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just emailed a few places FIDANZA ENGINEERING CORPORATION and 350ZEVO.com inquiring about a shifter for our Frontier 6-speeds, as soon as I hear from them Ill let you know, I also emailed URD they make a short-shifter for the 05/06 Tacomas and they said, not as of yet?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I didnt email B&M because I couldnt find their website and so far no one has responded to any of my mail. Its gonna rain tomorrow, so Ill make some phone calls.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think a shifter form the 350Z will work. I mean I have both and the two shifters are quite different.

·
Registered
398 Posts
AEI_Hauler said:
Since the Frontier and 350Z supposedly share their manual trans, I'm assuming that a shifer made for a Z would fit the Frontier. Has anyone tried this mod or does everyone like the stock shifter travel?
Would we need arangatang arms to reach the shifter? :lol:

I'm up for a shorter throw....

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Yeah, getting into 5th gear is a stretch for me as it is.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts