Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put on some lift schakles and cranked the torsion bars, but I could only crank them so far because the shocks are too short... What I mean by this is almost every time I go over a bump I can feel the front end hit the top of the shocks. I can feel them extend all the way and come to a hard stop. Has anyone ever delt with this problem? Is there a quick fix? Can I just stack a bunch of nuts onto the top of the shock?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Either get longer shocks or crank your t-bars back down some. Those are really the only safe options. Adding nuts like you say is not a great idea.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Just asking to increase my knowledge about 1st gens but do they have any kind of shock buckets? I know they have Tbars instead of coils so that is why I called it a shock bucket instead of a coilbucket.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Either get longer shocks or crank your t-bars back down some. Those are really the only safe options. Adding nuts like you say is not a great idea.
Do you know where I can get some longer shocks? I really don't want to crank them any lower, the truck still sits lower in the front then in the rear, and I hate that.

Just asking to increase my knowledge about 1st gens but do they have any kind of shock buckets? I know they have Tbars instead of coils so that is why I called it a shock bucket instead of a coilbucket.
I wonder if such a thing even exsits, all I know is my Tbars can be cranked more but the shock's short length keep me from doing so

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
the only option is to add slightly longer shocks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
4x4 parts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How much longer should I go?

the only option is to add slightly longer shocks.
How much longer should I go?

I can't find any shocks shorter then an additional 3 inches. Should I just use those? The ones intended for a suspension lifted Frontier

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are you 100% sure its the shocks and not the UCA hitting the bump stop. Remember they're 2 bump stops.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Are you 100% sure its the shocks and not the UCA hitting the bump stop. Remember they're 2 bump stops.
I think it is the shocks because they are brand new I installed them when I installed the lift shackles. The front end never hit like that before I cranked the Tbars... I think I should into the UCA just incase?

I went to my local Truck shop today and found a shock that I can order in any extra lenght I need, they are called superlift of supershock, something like that. Should I invest in those? Ever delt with them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts