Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a millions threads related to this so I apologize in advance.

I have an 05 NISMO 4x4 Crew Cab. I'd like to replace the shocks with something a little more road friendly but I don't want lessen it's off road capabilities. I hardly do anything offroad. This truck is my daily driver. Also I'm not interested in making any mods, I just want to swap them out.

Thanks,

RC

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bilstein 5100 adjustables from shock warehouse. If you want to stick at stock height you can do that with em and they'll provide a better ride than the Bilstein heavy duty shocks that came with the NISMOs, for about 60 dollers more a pair

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I also have a 2005 Nismo KC 4X4 with 23K miles. My right front factory Bilstien shock is leaking, I want to replace it with the same shock. I'm happy with the on & off road performance of the factory Bilstien shocks. I've found the part # for the shocks Part #: F4-BE5-D743-H0 is this the same part # (shock) that came on the Nismo from the factory? I called shockguy to order 1 shock and he advised that the shock referenced above might be different than what actually came on the Nismo. I just want to verify. Truck has no miles on it I'm thinking in the interest of time/labor I would like to just replace the 1 bad shock. I thinking I damaged the shock when I installed the PRG 2" lift kit...I did not take the shock completely off I just twisted the whole coil over 180 degrees to re align the spacer bolt holes...might of tore an o-ring ? In any event...

Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dunno, i'd definitly reccomend replacing both shocks, your one good shock is half spent allready (OEM reccomeds changing at 50k) and if you just replace the one you'll have an inconsistent ride, not to mention you'll be replacing your shocks at irregular intervals

I'd say go with the 5100s, they're good for 100k miles, and you could just resell your good remaining shock off

alternatively you could find someone with one used shock with similar mileage

even more alternatively you could go to the junkyard and take some low-mileage full coilovers off a frontier, which might cost you more but save you on the install (no assembly of your busted coilover) and you could still try to sell your used coilover off

either way it's a tough decision

personally if just go with tr 5100s, lift then an inch in front to level it out, and try to sell off the used shock. It might cost you more initially, but you'll save money in tr longterm with the new shocks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi
I also have a 2005 Nismo KC 4X4 with 23K miles. My right front factory Bilstien shock is leaking, I want to replace it with the same shock. I'm happy with the on & off road performance of the factory Bilstien shocks. I've found the part # for the shocks Part #: F4-BE5-D743-H0 is this the same part # (shock) that came on the Nismo from the factory? I called shockguy to order 1 shock and he advised that the shock referenced above might be different than what actually came on the Nismo. I just want to verify. Truck has no miles on it I'm thinking in the interest of time/labor I would like to just replace the 1 bad shock. I thinking I damaged the shock when I installed the PRG 2" lift kit...I did not take the shock completely off I just twisted the whole coil over 180 degrees to re align the spacer bolt holes...might of tore an o-ring ? In any event...

Thanks
Hey take a look at CJKarling posting in the classifieds, last post, he has the Pro_4X oem Bilstein coilovers and rears for sale..Great Price too and he is highly motivated to sell..http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f114/oem-09-nissan-frontier-pro-4x-parts-wheels-sale-60099/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't know about the 50k replacement. Thanks. I already have the the PRG front & rear 2" lift kit installed...actually it's a 1 1/4 front spacer. Would I install the 5100's at the 1" raise? I don't want to change the rake, truck sits perfect with the PRG kit. Waht setting for the best performance? Truck sits a 1/2 higher in the rear.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts