Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing some new KYB gas a just shocks on my 2002 Frontier. Does anybody know if there is supposed to be rubber bushing on the bottom of the front shocks? The Nissan ones I took off has them and these kyb s don't and there's a gap where it looks like there should be a bushing.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
I can't see the eye straight on but the new shock you have probably has the rubber in between the shock eye and the spacer that the bolt goes through. Different design, does the same thing

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see the eye straight on but the new shock you have probably has the rubber in between the shock eye and the spacer that the bolt goes through. Different design, does the same thing
Here are some more pictures. I didn't know if there was supposed to be a rubber spacer there on the outside like the old one. It didn't feel right when I was tightening the bolt, kinda felt like there should be a rubber spacer there to compress.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's totally normal. I just installed the same shocks, I think, there is a built in bushing and then a metal sleeve that the bolt goes through.

Sent from my GameGear using Dial-up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts