Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am really new to this " modding thing" and would like advice regarding which shocks (rear) are best to add a 3" lift (Poor mans lift for now).
there are so many types of shocks out there and was wondering which of the rancho or bilsteins would be best for this type of lift (bilstein 5150 or rancho 9000)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

helen

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i've always been a big fan of Bilsteins. the 5150 is a great shock. it has an internal reservoir to reduce shock fade and has variable dampening. kinda like the rancho 9000 but you dont have to adjust it manually.

just to clarify (because it is 7am and perhaps i am reading into this question too much) - you are are not gonna get three inches of lift just by upgrading your shocks. you will need to lift the truck then replace the stock shocks to compenaste for the added travel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what would be the things I need to do a 3" lift? I heard AAL (about 2 extras)??? shackles??? Any help would be great and also if there is a proper step by step process like what to get first then so forth.
Right now I am running 31's dayton timberline M/T's and going over bumps I am rubbing.

I have in my possesion blocks (custom made) to add 3" in the back but then where do I go from there???

Help :?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
it would help to know what year your Fronty is. from the sounds of it, you have a pre 05 model. the 05s and 06s are set up with 31s (SE/LE) or 32s (Nismo) and there are no rubbing issues.

click this link to find some basic and complete suspension lifts for the 1st Gen Frontiers. that site also has 3" body lifts if you are interested.

hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SD_Frontier said:
it would help to know what year your Fronty is. from the sounds of it, you have a pre 05 model. the 05s and 06s are set up with 31s (SE/LE) or 32s (Nismo) and there are no rubbing issues.

click this link to find some basic and complete suspension lifts for the 1st Gen Frontiers. that site also has 3" body lifts if you are interested.

hope this helps
I forgot to state my year (1999) and the info provided did help alot. Now it's a matter of figuring out what I want.
How reliable is the company for shipping?
I know that the Nissan Truck board I'm on in Canada has had issues with delayed shipments or sometimes incomplete shipments. Any info before I place any orders would be great.
:)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i have never ordered from this company. a few people on this board have but very few. you may want to check out the message boards on their site. most people are pretty unbiased in their opinions of the company.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts