Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to change the shift knob to something a little less rubbery. Typically you can just unscrew the shift knob but I tried to twist off and it didn't seem to budge. Since you have to push down for reverse I didn't know if the mechanism was in the shift knob itself and didn't want to break anything a day after getting the thing by forcing it off. Anyone know if it can be taken off without breaking something?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought about replacing mine as well at one point. I tried for a couple of minutes to get it off and I couldn't. I forgot about changing it until now. Something to add a little more style inside.

Now if someone could figure out how to get it off. I'd go try again now but it's raining/snow/general nastiness outside and I don't have a garage. Plus I'm lazy.

Edit: Couldn't find anything for the fronty but the X should be the same thing. Apparently it is a threaded twistoff on the Xterra. Just very difficult to turn at first. If the weather clears up I'll confirm on my truck later unless someone does it before me.

Here's where I got the info -----> http://www.xterraownersclub.com/forums.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts