Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying install my 1.5" shackle on my frontier last night. But I can't seem to get the spring to drop enough to hook up the new shackles. I am pretty sure it's the shocks stopping the axle from dropping more. Also the brake lines are almost tight as is.

I can unhook the shocks to hook up the shackles, but will I ever get it back together and will I be over extending the shocks?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Unhook the shock. Then use a jack to get the axle back up. I ran a 1.5" shackle with my stock shock with no problem. Except for the shackle flattening out my leaf packs. I've since swapped the shackles for the Deaver aal's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
896 Posts
I had the same problem with stock rear shocks.
The above from ideas from Chris and Robb are probably safer than what I did.
I just took the stock nissan scissor jack and wedged it in between frame and the leaf spring and extended the jack until I could line up the holes on the leaf spring and shackle.
But be careful the jack popped out on me once, it was pretty sketchy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys.

The lower shock bolts were seized in, but I ended up cheating with some c clamps.

Also I see what you guys are saying about flattening out the leaf pack. It seams worse than other vehicles I've had shackle lifts on.

The end result with 265/65R17. I have a set of 255/75R17 to be installed.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Great idea with the C-clamps !!!
A lot less dangerous than wedging the stock scissor jack in between frame and leaf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts